ATF: Sundance - What happened to Sundance line?

RAHanock

I have noticed that the Sundance models are no longer listed on the Heartland RV site. But I can find no reason or information as to why? Have they been discontinued?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Re: ATF: Sundance - What happened to Sandance line?

Has the Sundance lineup been replaced with the new Milestone model??

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Looks like the Sundance 5th-wheel line has gone away, just as the Prowler 5th-wheel line did recently.

It appears that the Prowler and Sundance names will continue with bumper pull travel trailers, however.

The Milestone line of 5'vers seems to be all new...not really replacing anything...yet!

jbeletti

John is correct - the Sundance 5th wheel brand has been retired and the Sundance Travel Trailer brand continues to be built, both in Indiana and Idaho.

The new Milestone brand can be considered comparable to the Sundance 5th wheel.

mlburst1

"The new Milestone brand can be considered comparable to the Sundance 5th wheel." - I don't think so since they are all 40+ feet long.

JohnD

I was thinking the same as all the Milestone's seem to be much bigger than the Sundance 5'vers and the sister Prowler line, although maybe they have more models coming.

I wonder if the Elkridge 5'vers, also sister models of the Sundance and Prowler 5'vers, will be going away as well.

However, there were no Elkridge TT's...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

John, the Elkridge is above the Sundance line, and seems to be getting more and more upscale then they were when we bought ours in 2010. They *used* to be just one step below a Big Country when they came out originally in 2008 or 2009. Heartland has repositioned it over time, but I think the Elkridge is still pretty popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

John, the Elkridge is above the Sundance line, and seems to be getting more and more upscale then they were when we bought ours in 2010. They *used* to be just one step below a Big Country when they came out originally in 2008 or 2009. Heartland has repositioned it over time, but I think the Elkridge is still pretty popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true...

However, Sundance, Elkridge and Prowler 5'ver models all mostly had the exact same floor plans, but with different amenities, which is why I said that.

Matter of fact, it was the Elkridge E292 (which was too heavy for my brand new truck at the time) that led me to the Prowler P292 with the exact same floor plan.

It seems that Heartland is trying to rebrand itself (already split up the Bighorn line last year), so time will tell what will happen with the Elkridge name.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

That is true...

However, Sundance, Elkridge and Prowler 5'ver models all mostly had the exact same floor plans, but with different amenities, which is why I said that.

Matter of fact, it was the Elkridge E292 (which was too heavy for my brand new truck at the time) that led me to the Prowler P292 with the exact same floor plan.

It seems that Heartland is trying to rebrand itself (already split up the Bighorn line last year), so time will tell what will happen with the Elkridge name.

There was (and still are) 2 different ElkRidge lines. The standard full profile heavier line and the lighter mid profile line “ElkRidge Xtreme Lite”. The Xtreme Lite was discontinued last year and replaced with the ElkRidge “Focus” line. If you look on the Heartland website, they are under seperate model descriptions.

I think just about all the brands share similar floor plans. All to fit your budget. Lol.

curly2001

John is correct - the Sundance 5th wheel brand has been retired and the Sundance Travel Trailer brand continues to be built, both in Indiana and Idaho.

The new Milestone brand can be considered comparable to the Sundance 5th wheel.
It is too large to many users with lighter trucks. I don't see any that will now compete with the Sundance line. No light weight units to compete with other manufacturers either. Cougar will run away with that sector of the market now. What really is going on here?
Curly

jbeletti

Jamie is spot on here - take a look at the Elkridge Focus product for our laminated wall lighter weight 5th wheels - LINK.

JohnD

It is too large to many users with lighter trucks. I don't see any that will now compete with the Sundance line. No light weight units to compete with other manufacturers either. Cougar will run away with that sector of the market now. What really is going on here?
Curly

What do you consider a "lighter truck"?