2019 - Goshen Rally - Heartland Quilting and More

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I just want to verify that my wife is on your list, Barbara Wright. I never got any indication that she is. Thanks Orville

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kkamshop

I just want to verify that my wife is on your list, Barbara Wright. I never got any indication that she is. Thanks Orville

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Orville, yes we do have Barbara on our list. Diane and I are in Shipshewana this week confirming all the arrangements for Heartland Quilting & More!

kkamshop

Diane and I are really enjoying the planning of this activity! We were recently in northern Indiana and visited 13 great shops and also got to see the Eastern Star building where the retreat will be set up. It was a tough job but someone had to do it - just joking, we loved every minute!
Nearly all the shops are open on Mondays, none are open on Sundays.

Some of the shops are Amish or Mennonite owned, all are great and unique in their own way. We collected some nice door prizes to give away - just stop by the retreat building on Locust Street and sign up to win.

The sewing space is larger than we thought - we should be able to get 30 or more sewing spaces set up, so bring your machines, knitting needles, etc and join the fun.

The building will be open and available for our use beginning June 4 and daily until June 14 or 15.
We will need some drivers for some of the carpools, let us know if you are willing to drive.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We may have missed it, but is there a date for the shop hop? Trying to coordinate attendance at lifestyle and technical presentations.

Mrsfish

While at the Deer Park WA rally we came across a quilt club raffling off this quilt for the local firefighters. Thought it was beautiful and that I would share with people who would appreciate it! EnjoyA1BB49C2-F6E4-4CEB-9CD4-626A9C2C11E7.jpg

kkamshop

We may have missed it, but is there a date for the shop hop? Trying to coordinate attendance at lifestyle and technical presentations.

We are doing the shop hop "at your convenience" which means once you get the flyer in your rally packet you may start visiting the shops, beginning June 3rd and ending June 15th. If you want to visit all the shops, it can be done in 2 days or you can choose to spread the shop hop over the time of your stay. You may go on your own, with a friend, or stop in at the Quilting & More building on Locust street to find a group to carpool with. We set it up this way so that participants will still be able to attend any other presentations, seminars, outings, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Quilting and More / Shop-Hop Flyer and Passport documents have been added to post #1 of this thread - link.

Last edited:

kkamshop

I will be spending the holiday weekend deciding what projects to bring for our retreat. What is everyone going to be working on? Can't wait to see!

I am at the assembly stage of a Bonnie Hunter quilt that I started back in November - Midnight Flight. But it has pieced borders and I haven't even cut those out yet, so I know I will bring that one for sure. Maybe I can get the top finished while we are in Goshen.

And our guild is making quilts for our local senior center Veteran's Day program, so I have been working on those. 3 are ready to be quilted and bound.

Decisions, decisions!

I will be spending the holiday weekend deciding what projects to bring for our retreat. What is everyone going to be working on? Can't wait to see!

I am at the assembly stage of a Bonnie Hunter quilt that I started back in November - Midnight Flight. But it has pieced borders and I haven't even cut those out yet, so I know I will bring that one for sure. Maybe I can get the top finished while we are in Goshen.

And our guild is making quilts for our local senior center Veteran's Day program, so I have been working on those. 3 are ready to be quilted and bound.

Decisions, decisions!
I will bring my small loom & yarn to make loom knit hats to donate. I also have a blanket to tie & a quilt to finish in the camper so far. I have a baby quilt to embroider & have a baby quilt kit that I was given to make.

So many projects so little time!

Nancy

kkamshop

IT'S GETTING CLOSE! Once you arrive at the fairgrounds, you will get a rally packet at the check-in. The info for the Quilting & More activities will be in the packet.

Stop by the Eastern Star building on Locust Street to sign up for our door prizes and so we can meet you! One shop gave us a gift card that we will be drawing from the people who have signed up through this thread - the rest of the prizes will be drawn on Wednesday June 12th.

If you want to join or form a carpool for the shop hop, we will help to arrange that.

If you plan to sit and sew with us, bring your stuff and make yourself a "happy place"! We will have ironing stations and cutting stations and a large design wall for your use.

Have items you want to sell/swap/give away? Use the FOR SALE labels in your rally packet to mark them and bring them to our sew space.

Questions? Ask away... See you soon!

kkamshop

If you follow Heartland Owners Club on Facebook, the room where the rally bags are being prepared is our sewing room. It looks so nice! Diane and I were able to see it back in April and the lady from the fairgrounds said they were in the process of remodeling it. Fresh paint, good lighting, great central location, air conditioning, lots of room for us to work and play!