VIAIR 300P Compressor

carl.swoyer

VIAIR 300P

Anybody out there using the viair 300 compressor for the 110 psi tires in your fifth wheel?
How long will it take to get up to 110 psi?
Max psi is 150

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

Re: Viare 300p

It all depends on how many PSI you need to come up from. I never watched the time it takes. It does take longer than my home 200 PSI compressor with a tank, but does the job when on the road. Used mine once during the cross country 11k mile trip. Setup and put it away in about 20 minuets. The temperatures went from high 80's to 31F when we got to Albuquerque, NM. That is the only time I had to add air during the entire trip.

RoadJunkie

I have the Viair 400P-RV and it does a great job. But I really recommend you go to their website and do a comparison of the 400P-RV and the 450P-RV. The 400 has a higher 2.3CFM rating, but a lower duty cycle (33%) than the 450, 1.8CFM (100%). The 400 has a fill rate for RV Tires 275/80R22 from 90-110 PSI at 3 min. 50 sec, while the 450 will take 5 min. 7 sec. I chose the 400 because I typically just top off the pressure and went for the faster fill. Some others will advise you to go for the higher duty cycle.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

carl.swoyer

Mlpeloquin.
I just ordered the 300 p
I'm taking the Porter Cable pancake out and I'll use the viair.
Viair customer service representative stated that it would handle the job. We shall see
It all depends on how many PSI you need to come up from. I never watched the time it takes. It does take longer than my home 200 PSI compressor with a tank, but does the job when on the road. Used mine once during the cross country 11k mile trip. Setup and put it away in about 20 minuets. The temperatures went from high 80's to 31F when we got to Albuquerque, NM. That is the only time I had to add air during the entire trip.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Very happy with the 450P so far. These little compressors seem to be very heavy duty and well-made.

Tops off the trailer tires to 110 psi - no problem
Fills the bicycle tires to a crazy 60 PSI. LOL- no problem
Fits under the crew cab seat- no problem

pjones1969

I have the 450–P-RV, these Viair’s are impressive, I use mine to winterize my trailer as well.

I made an adapter for the 7 pin so I wouldn’t have to open the hood everytime

cbramsey

I have a Viair 300p. I use it to top off the tires on my Landmark as well as the tires on my F450 tow vehicle. The down side is the duty cycle. It does get very hot if you have it turned on for a "long" time.

'Lil Guy'

I have the 450 and it's great. No problem topping tires. If you can spring for the difference in the 300 and 450, then get the 450. You won't be sorry.

carl.swoyer

Pothole, I just read it. Thanks
I plan to try out the 300. I might upgrade ?
I just purchased a Porter Cable electric impact gun and it works great. My pancake compressor i have used twice in twelve years.
According to the customer service representative the 300 should be more than capable of doing the job filling up the g114 to 110 PSI. We shall see.
Merry Christmas to you and your family

porthole

Retired

According to the customer service representative the 300 should be more than capable of doing the job filling up the g114 to 110 PSI. We shall see.
Merry Christmas to you and your family

I'm not surprised the rep told you that.

It will probably work.
One of the issues filling off a compressor only is you are putting heated air into the tire. 110 psi on the first tire may not be the same 110 on the last tire in an hour or so.

Using a volume tank is when the pressure differential comes into play.

If you are filling off a compressor, the compressor runs until you get the set psi you want.

Off a tank the compressor runs until you get to the cut off pressure, 150 for example. Cut in will be about 110.
Given the variables of pressure transducers, you may not get a cut in pressure low enough to fill the tire. In that case, dumping air until the compressor kicks back on helps.