New Member, potential Owner Heartland Fuel 335

jimtoo

Hi Zack,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure some of our members will jump in with some info for you soon.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I cannot speak to the model, but you need to be aware of a few things. First, ask about the warranty. Second owners do not get to benefit from the factory 1 year warranty if any is available. Secondly do a very thorough pdi before signing anything and make them fix anything that is broke before you sign as well. Be careful with CW. They are not very often a good dealership to work with.

danemayer

On a used RV, the only warranty is whatever you negotiate and get in writing from CW. In the RV industry, warranties do not convey to the 2nd owner.

You may also be able to get a service contract, usually called an extended warranty. Read the fine print for what's covered and what's excluded.

Or you can take the money saved by buying used, and self-insure.

Lou_and_Bette

Why is such a new rig on the used lot? I know things can happen after new purchase but makes one wonder why original owner got rid of it.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Good Afternoon!

My name is Zack Chavez, I am new to the forum as I am seeking any advice in regard to a used 2018 Heartland Fuel 335 that I have found at camping world.

Any positive or negative feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Regardless of the RV you are looking for/find I would steer clear of Camping World.

carl.swoyer

Good Afternoon!

My name is Zack Chavez, I am new to the forum as I am seeking any advice in regard to a used 2018 Heartland Fuel 335 that I have found at camping world.

Any positive or negative feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.
I personally don't have any input towards the particular model.
What I thought first was, stay away from camping world. 1:Historically they are a sketchy company without any morals.
Most importantly an extended warranty. I again would not buy an extended warranty from camping world, ( see note 1:)
I would buy an extended warranty from someone else. I purchased it from Cornerstone Extended Warranty. There was a contract for five years. I paid $1800.00 Cornerstone paid out over $10000.00. They're an excellent company.
Going on to the fifth wheel, if you buy it from camping world conduct an in-depth PDI ( before you sign for it) then have them fix everything before you sign for it.
Your extended warranty in my opinion is well worth it if it's in the budget.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zchavez

I personally don't have any input towards the particular model.
What I thought first was, stay away from camping world. 1:Historically they are a sketchy company without any morals.
Most importantly an extended warranty. I again would not buy an extended warranty from camping world, ( see note 1:)
I would buy an extended warranty from someone else. I purchased it from Cornerstone Extended Warranty. There was a contract for five years. I paid $1800.00 Cornerstone paid out over $10000.00. They're an excellent company.
Going on to the fifth wheel, if you buy it from camping world conduct an in-depth PDI ( before you sign for it) then have them fix everything before you sign for it.
Your extended warranty in my opinion is well worth it if it's the budget.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have gathered that from reading reviews of camping world. It certainly surprised me as they got big somehow, but maybe they got too big and/or lacked ethics! I do have to say; I never committed to buying the unit, they did run my credit and such for financing options and qualification, yet I received a call from their finance guy saying all was final and what date would work best to come in for pickup. I had to stop him at that moment and let him know the salesmen had lots of questions to answer yet and a final price had yet to be discussed. I have looked into extended warranty options as the unit has no front to back warranty. Thank you for the info!

zchavez

Why is such a new rig on the used lot? I know things can happen after new purchase but makes one wonder why original owner got rid of it.

That was my immediate question, which of course there was no answer to. The salesmen indicated many times people need a bigger garage, have downsized, etcetera. Certainly a risk taken buying used. The previous owners definitely used it as the generator has 66 hours (I realize this to be minimal).

zchavez

On a used RV, the only warranty is whatever you negotiate and get in writing from CW. In the RV industry, warranties do not convey to the 2nd owner.

You may also be able to get a service contract, usually called an extended warranty. Read the fine print for what's covered and what's excluded.

Or you can take the money saved by buying used, and self-insure.

Thank you!

zchavez

I cannot speak to the model, but you need to be aware of a few things. First, ask about the warranty. Second owners do not get to benefit from the factory 1 year warranty if any is available. Secondly do a very thorough pdi before signing anything and make them fix anything that is broke before you sign as well. Be careful with CW. They are not very often a good dealership to work with.

You are correct, outside of structural and roof warranty, it is, 'as-is'. That would be the case if I go through with purchase, I am extremely picky. The issue arises that the unit is in Mesa, Arizona and I am in Albuquerque, NM. I asked should issues arise, could Albuquerque take care of it. The answer was yes, but it does concern me if they don't follow through. I am seeing the common theme of them not being a good place to interact, can you please elaborate for my knowledge gain?

Thank you!

zchavez

Hi Zack,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure some of our members will jump in with some info for you soon.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

Thank you Jim!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Welcome to this great forum Zack and good luck with your new trailer. We are here to help you with any questions or problems that may come up with your new-to-you rig.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
This appears to be a common comment, can you please elaborate (I am looking for the issues so I can be educated)?

All they want is your money. No service after the sale. As soon as the tailights leave their parking lot you will be forgotten.