Garage bed

rcwalls

I haven't read on the forum, YET, and it may be somewhere, but had a bad experience with the lower garage bed over the weekend. While raising the bed the driver side of the bed fell. Scared me as my wife was close by and could have been hit in the head. So now, I am fearful of walking under the bed. I noticed the bar connecting the two up and down chains had slipped from the driver side just enough to allow the bed to slip from the chain. I lowered the top bed and crawled up to slide the bar back toward the driver side and retightened the set screw located on passenger side. Seems to be holding in place, but still a little gun shy. Anyone run into this before??

Question: Should I Loctite the set screw or drill a small hole through the bar and pin it to where it will not move in the future?

Lynn1130

I'm confused by what you are describing so perhaps some photos would help. Are you talking about the area at the top around the motor? The other thing that would help is your trailer information. What rig do you have? Are you taking about bunks in the garage? More info is needed so we can help. The HappiJac system has chain drives on both sided of the trailer with a motor on one side, top and a shaft going to the other side to drive those chains. What set screw, what bar?

rcwalls

I will send pictures, but you have described the system perfectly. 2019 Cyclone 4005. The set screw is on the shaft end close to the motor. Happijak installation manual states to insert the shaft into both sides and make sure to tighten set screw. I did not install the system just reading up on it. I am not sure if Heartland failed to secure the set screw causing the right side (facing back door) to come crashing down or it worked loose. Our third time to use the bed. I am basically letting folks know to get up there and make sure the set screw is tight. It would ruin a weekend if someone out there got hurt.