slideout leaks

quadman

I have a 2010 North Trail 21FBS that has a dinette slide out that leaks. When it rains there is water on the floor on both sides of the dinette. Seals look good. Any ideas where it may be coming from? It's leaks whether the slide out is in or out. It has no topper on the slide out. Thanks for any ideas.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Water leaks are not fun. Sorry you are going through this. I find it hard to believe that it leaks all the time, and that it is the slide itself. Unless it is the upper piece that holds the wiper seal in place. I would start by resealing everything in that area including any items on the roof, and then dose it with water. Water travels so far though it wouldn't surprise me if it was a leak on the other side.

WillyBill

I'm betting you have a window leaking. Try caulking top and sides of them only , just use clear silicon caulk. (Leave a place for water to exit on bottom) If that fixes it then get a roll of butyl tape, pull windows, and install a new layer of the tape after removing old leaky stuff. Even new trailers have this problem sometimes. Good Luck!!!

WB

Gary521

Normally the roof membrane on the slide is not sealed where it meets the upper decorative fascia. The factory design thinks that the upper roof seal will prevent water from coming in and going down that void. Well it does not always work that way. Open or close the slide a bit so that you can get up to that area from the inside of the trailer. Fill that non sealed void with Dicor. Sometimes a branch or other object with get under the top seal and create a path for water. Sometimes the top seal will not flip and create an entry path. Sometimes there is a sag in the roof so the top seal does not seal properly.