Big Horn Problems

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
2018 has not been a good year for my 2014 3585RL. Rear air went out and was replaced with my Easy Care extended warranty.
Water leak in the belly of the rig, turned out to be loose connection behind the outside shower and also a loose connection at the water heater. Both connections appeared to be not tightened enough at the factory and had to pay for that out of pocket.
Hydraulic solenoid went out that affected the rear slides and landing gear and of course that was out of pocket also.
The biggest job was my roof was replaced. I had no leaks but the problem was blisters formed on the rubber. Dicor was very generous. They gave me new rubber and install kit and enough money to have it installed. I was very pleased with their response and cooperation.
Hope future years is better that 2018.

sengli

Goodness, sounds like you have replaced the top and the bottom so far. Should be like new now!

Lou_and_Bette

Billy, I am having the blistering on the roof also. Did you just send an email to Dicor and what proof, if any, did they require?

bsummit

Billy, I am having the blistering on the roof also. Did you just send an email to Dicor and what proof, if any, did they require?

Lou, I had to take pics and send to dicor and they gave me 2 choice's and I chose the new rubber.

Good luck

Billy

fordtech 2008

having this problem on my 2018 bighorn 3750 fl, under the kitchen slide one of the rollers is tearing up the the floor, getting the run around from heartland have sent pictures 3times we have had this unit for 6 months should not be having this problem

Attachments

• 100_1506.jpg
    100_1506.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 200

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Looks like a broken roller Ken. Keep after Heartland. They should fix its. Have you had it looked at by Tim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

having this problem on my 2018 bighorn 3750 fl, under the kitchen slide one of the rollers is tearing up the the floor, getting the run around from heartland have sent pictures 3times we have had this unit for 6 months should not be having this problem

What kind of runaround? I would think Heartland would have directed you to take it to your dealer for evaluation of the problem. Has your dealer looked at it yet?

fordtech 2008

Heartland say there not going to repair this they say it looks like is has been wet due to caulking failure, caulking all looks good, have never seen this area wet even with all the rain we have had lately it is dry.

'Lil Guy'

Have you taken it to your dealer to have them address the situation with HL? They may be able to show different reasons for the problem. You also have an extended warranty from the seller that may cover the repairs. If all else fails, we've had good luck using our automotive insurance that covers our rig and truck. Good luck on your endeavor and keep a cool head when discussing the situation. Good luck.

bsummit

Have you taken it to your dealer to have them address the situation with HL? They may be able to show different reasons for the problem. You also have an extended warranty from the seller that may cover the repairs. If all else fails, we've had good luck using our automotive insurance that covers our rig and truck. Good luck on your endeavor and keep a cool head when discussing the situation. Good luck.

All problems have been resolved. Dicor supplied a new roof and enough money to have it installed.
The new AC was taken care of by extended warranty.

i4110peter

I have a 2018 BH3160 that just came back from having warranty work done. One issue was the kitchen slide out roller was loose due to improper screws being use to install. Caused the fridge to tilt forward hitting the counter and damaging the fridge door. For what it's worth....