King mattress to short queen

Nes002

Hi Jeleben 12. As we’re soon to pick up or own Cyclone, I don’t have specific measurements to help you with. However what I can convey is that a typical RV King (which the cyclones use) is either 72x75 or 72x 80. A short queen is typically 60x74 or 60x75. So if the king mattress in cyclones is 80 inches long, then you’ll likely need to trim the end of the wood platform as long as it’s not so much that it exposes the storage compartment under the bed. The sides of the wood platform will also have be trimmed so that the platform doesn’t extend beyond the mattress. Sorry that doesn’t directly answer your question bu thought I’d point out these details in case you hadn’t already considered them. If you should wish to use the bed in the raised position, it’s likely the bend won’t be in as comfortable a location and feet may hang off the end of the mattress.

Bwalls318

We have the Cyclone 2019 4005...LOVE IT...BUT hate the king bed! Very uncomfortable...we just had to add a 3” memory foam topper...it hangs over a bit, but at least its bearable..otherwise, you feel the bars through the thin mattress...I will be looking into getting a different mattress FOR SURE...i think a foam type may do the job...just have to make sure it works with the slide up.

Rawhide

We change our king for a queen. The king in the cyclone is only 75 inches long so it was just a matter of swapping it out. So much more room. Really works much better.