SOLVED: Leveling nor slides working (Problem found)

orion7144

Went to the storage lot today to test some video files on the TV but could not get the slides out to get back there. I tried the leveling jacks and nothing. Solenoid clicks (strong click so I assume it is good) 14V at the solenoid with my generator hooked up. Was at 12.4V when I got to the RV based on the Victron battery monitor.

Any ideas? FYI I have 4x6V batteries.

danemayer

Re: Leveling nor slides working

Sounds like not enough voltage getting from the batteries to the hydraulic pump despite the 12.4V on your monitor. The power stored in the batteries is needed to power the pump. The generator powers the Power Converter, but the converter probably doesn't have enough output to drive the pump.

Look for loose, dirty, or corroded connections at the battery, mini-circuit breakers/buss bar near the batteries, and at the pump.

Any chance your battery cutoff switch is OFF?

orion7144

No switch was on. I do not use the OEM power dynamics converter. I have an AIMS 3000W inverter charger. Batteries are ~6 months old and have never been below 12.1V according to the victron history. I spent about 2 hours at the RV ~2 weeks ago to charge the batteries and do some organizing in the basement. Power to the solenoid comes from an 80amp buss breaker not the normal mini ones.

wdk450

OK. For both leveling and slideout movement you hear the hydraulic valve solenoids click. But do you hear the hydraulic pump motor run at all??? tIf not, you need to check the connections at the pump motor for voltage when movement commands are given.

What you are saying sounds a very lot like the problem another member has had in the last few days. Maybe his thread will come up on the "similar Threads" at the bottom of your thread pages. I put out a link there for a Lippert manual that has the electric drill alternate procedure when the pump motor fails. Check all of the wires/cables in the hydraulic pump and connecting to they hydraulic pump for tight connections.
On Edit: I found that other thread: https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/74134-No-hydraulics

orion7144

I went back today and got it all working. I went to check the voltage on the motor and it worked till I took meter lead off. All of the nuts were loose on the solenoid and motor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wdk450

I went back today and got it all working. I went to check the voltage on the motor and it worked till I took meter lead off. All of the nuts were loose on the solenoid and motor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Congrats on finding the problem, and sharing the fix with all of your fellow Heartlanders!!! We will all learn from this!

You might want to apply some Loctite green 290 wicking threadlocker to the tightened connections.