New to us Tow vehicle

mlpeloquin

I have a 2013 GMC Danali diesel dully. Sensor problems started around 39k miles. Finally solved at 51k miles. The problem was not the sensors at all, but the heaters in the def tank. Go figure. When they finally truly failed and were changed out, all sensor problems stopped.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a 2013 GMC Danali diesel dully. Sensor problems started around 39k miles. Finally solved at 51k miles. The problem was not the sensors at all, but the heaters in the def tank. Go figure. When they finally truly failed and were changed out, all sensor problems stopped.

We had the def tank heater replaced over a year ago, and still have issues. One dealer said in the "records" they found the truck had the entire fuel system replaced, and they claimed some of the wiring was not reinstalled properly -- they fixed it when they replaced the def tank heater.

I just know that in the last year our confidence in the reliability of this truck deteriorated to the point it was time to look for something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

We had the def tank heater replaced over a year ago, and still have issues. One dealer said in the "records" they found the truck had the entire fuel system replaced, and they claimed some of the wiring was not reinstalled properly -- they fixed it when they replaced the def tank heater.

I just know that in the last year our confidence in the reliability of this truck deteriorated to the point it was time to look for something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travel ,
I'm hoping my new to me 2015 Silverado 3500 ltz dually has zero issues.
So far so good, and I have drivetrain warranty until the end of August.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Traveltiger,
How often does the DEF require filling? I'm new to the DEF scene.
I've driven about 800 miles on the new to me Silverado ltz

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk