RV lock quit

Niles

I have a RVLOCK model #RVLv4.0, it was slow to unlock so I changed batteries and now it won’t do anything. Before someone says check batteries, I did and replaced again still nothing and the first batteries were ok too. Not sure where to go from here, checked for corrosion little bit so cleaned that and still nothing. Suggestions, please!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
May have to perform the setup to “re-learn” your code.
Had to do so with their v3.0 before we upgraded to the 4.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

You may have accidentally hit one of the switches next to the batteries. One switch disables operation.

jbeletti

Niles - to confirm, the lock "is" working but it operates (unlocks) "slow"? It that right?

Also - consider a quick call to RVLock at (888) 316-9899.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
There are also several YouTube videos that help reprogram or troubleshoot RVlock issues.

Niles

Before I replaced batteries it was real slow but now it does nothing at all no beeps chimes nothing. Will try calling tomorrow.

Niles

Update on lock, called RVLock and they said i have a bad circuit board. So i had them ship me a whole new back with the circuit board in it, along with a circuit board for the keypad, which they recommended. Got it and got two circuit boards for the back, no keypad board. Called the nice people at RVLock again, told them it still is not running the motor to lock it, however we have beeps and chimes now. they said I need the keypad circuit board. Asked what I was shipped and she said whoops, so they are sending me the right part and I have a spare for the back. So far other than the mistake about sending the wrong circuit board I,m happy with their service. Still waiting to see if the keypad one fixes it.

jbeletti

Niles - you're going to be a pro at removing and installing these locks. To confirm, you "will" need to remove the lock to replace the keypad. Several tiny screws on the back of it.

CoveredWagon

Old thread, but I had the same issue as I was replacing the main circuit board. I'd previously had a battery leak and corrode the wire on the battery plate. Well it broke. Took me a while to find the issue clean things and repair the damage. Now everything works as advertised. I learned my,lesson.DO NOT leave batteries in anything.