Wheel parts

Bgthomas

I have a 2012 North Trail 32BUDS. I’m doing bearings and shackles in the next month. I’ve no idea how to find parts, bearings, races and seals. I intend to proactively replace all. Thanks in advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Etrailer seems to be a popular place to shop as they have everything you need at a reasonable price.

Peace
Dave

avvidclif

I don't know the brand of axles you have. Mine are Dexter and I sent them a serial number/build sequence and they replied with a list of part numbers for every part. From that I can go anywhere and get parts.

Gary521

I would assume you will replace the shackles with the heavy duty ones. These come from MorRyde. Get the bearing numbers from Dexter but a place on line that's will supply US made bearings ( Timken ) is RockAuto. Just do a part number search.

Bgthomas

Is there a plate or etching on the axles that show mfr and serial? I'll look when I have opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

I would assume you will replace the shackles with the heavy duty ones. These come from MorRyde. Get the bearing numbers from Dexter but a place on line that's will supply US made bearings ( Timken ) is RockAuto. Just do a part number search.

Yes indeedy! They're MorRyde with the zircs on them. Center pivot isn't available for the 32BUDS - too wide. I think they're going to produce one soon.

I agree with HD. Everything
get the greaseable shackle bolts. Carefully hand fit the knurled shoulders into the existing frame collars and tap them in with a hammer. The knurled collars keep the bolt stationary so the shackle bushings ride on the greased bolts not the bolts spinning in the collars and wearing them out. I positioned the grease outlet holes facing up. I raise the wheels off the ground when I grease the bolts and it squishes the grease around the bolts. You can position the grease outlet facing down if you don’t want to raise the rv to grease the shackle bolts. I can’t grease mine with the hole facing up without raising the rv

use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts.

I think ink I got everything right from dexter

Bgthomas

Found it, sticker on the axle, rear facing. Thanks all for the comments.

- - - Updated - - -

0215822C-05C0-45E0-9725-A37B831D8CA0.jpg

mlpeloquin

Instructions for the grease bolts is to insert them with the grease outlet holes left or right not up or down. Just saying what my instructions sheet said and I have over 20k miles since installation. They are still in good shape and easy to grease. I add grease every six months.