Level-Up sorta working

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
On my trip to Florida this past week, I ran into a problem with the level-up system not working properly when not connected to shore power. The legs will retract a few inches then the system will shut down and I have to turn it back on and go back through the steps to get it to auto-retract. I had to do this 3 or 4 times in order to get the legs fully retracted. When I hit auto-retract while still hooked up to shore power, I have no problem. Legs retract normally. This just happens when I am not connected to shore power. Doesn't matter if I'm plugged into the truck or not. Not sure how you troubleshoot a problem like this. I'm wondering if it could be related to the inverter problem I'm having on this trip as well (see my post under Inverters). Thanks for any help.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Your battery may be getting weak. The hydraulic pump for the levelup requires the same amount of power whether the battery is strong or weak. Power (watts) equals amps multiplied by volts. When volts goes down, amps has to go up which may be causing your self resetting circuit breaker to trip. When on shore power, the converter/charger supplies enough DC power to supplement the battery and prevent the breaker from tripping.
You may improve the situation by servicing the battery if it's low on water. You could also try cleaning all battery cable connections.

carl.swoyer

On my trip to Florida this past week, I ran into a problem with the level-up system not working properly when not connected to shore power. The legs will retract a few inches then the system will shut down and I have to turn it back on and go back through the steps to get it to auto-retract. I had to do this 3 or 4 times in order to get the legs fully retracted. When I hit auto-retract while still hooked up to shore power, I have no problem. Legs retract normally. This just happens when I am not connected to shore power. Doesn't matter if I'm plugged into the truck or not. Not sure how you troubleshoot a problem like this. I'm wondering if it could be related to the inverter problem I'm having on this trip as well (see my post under Inverters). Thanks for any help.
You possibly have a weak auto reset breaker. Mine was cutting out so replaceing it was my fix.
The breaker should be located next to the battery disconnect.
Also if you had a low battery it could cause the same issues.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TajMyhaul

I’ve had similar issues. Often I don’t use “Auto Level” button on face plate . Instead I move the button down to manual & level the Landmark in that manner. ( not using the drill on pump)
Can someone post a photo of the auto reset breaker & where to look for it?

Thanks
Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I’ve had similar issues. Often I don’t use “Auto Level” button on face plate . Instead I move the button down to manual & level the Landmark in that manner. ( not using the drill on pump)
Can someone post a photo of the auto reset breaker & where to look for it?

Thanks
Bob

Even though titled, "Hydraulic Slide Starts and Stops", you'll find pictures and everything you need to know in that owner-written user guide.

TajMyhaul

Thanks Dan I replaced the main buss bar breaker found in battery compartment & now will look for the other mentioned in the document. I really appreciate you assistance

Bob

Gary521

If the system only works correctly when connected to shore power, this would be a great indication of a weak battery. The diagram shows that the converter is supplying 12v power to the front buss from which the hydraulic system get its power.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
If the system only works correctly when connected to shore power, this would be a great indication of a weak battery. The diagram shows that the converter is supplying 12v power to the front buss from which the hydraulic system get its power.

Thanks but I just had brand new batteries installed 6 months ago. Also, when I disconnect and hit the auto-level button every thing works like it should. System brings all 6 legs down and then levels the camper just as it should. No hiccups at all. It's only when I try to auto retract. Seems to me if it was a weak battery, it would mess up both extending and retracting. At least what little logical mind I have seems to think so.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Keith,
If we work from the fully charged after being hooked up to not so charged after being on shore power angle you may want to check your converter output.
My logic there is that the truck is topping off the batteries (especially if your inverter was not powering the fridge) and then normal usage when parked is dragging the batteries down enough to trip the breaker on the hydraulics.
Check battery voltage with and without shore power.
With LED lighting in the coach it's not as easy to detect low batteries by the lights dimming.

Gary521

Go on line to the progressive dynamics web site. They will tell you how to check the converter