2900 MK Rear Wall

mgbjones

Unfortunately, I have rotted wood in the rear wall of our 2900MK. My question tot he factory, how do you go about removing the overhead storage cabinets?

danemayer

Are you trying to repair the damage from the inside? There have been a few people who have been in a similar situation and I think they've done the repairs from the outside.

KenJ

Really sorry to hear of your problem. I had a similar situation to my 2900MK. I was washing it when I noticed a gap in the rear between the side and the back end. Inside it was easy to see that the rear had pulled away because I could see daylight through the gap. Upon closer inspection I saw that the other side was also beginning to pull away as well!!

I took the trailer to to an R.V. collision center and had it repaired. They did an excellent job and explained the factory had used very small screws during the assembly process:mad: so they had replaced the smallish screws with larger stainless steel lag screws and resealed the side and rear with Dicor lap compound. The repair is undetectable both inside and out. I was expecting a huge repair bill but was presented a bill of only $880.00

This repair was done at a Ford dealership that also worked on R.V.'s.

canada60

Had the same issue. when I took the rear wall away from the side wall discovered the very small screws that the factory had used had broken and there were no screws in the bottom of the wall to tie it to the floor or frame. poor construction from my standpoint. Spoke with an rv dealer/ repair shop and the back wall of these are put on and tied to the aluminum side frame with #8 Screws that are way to light and not enough in number for the structure they are to provide. Happy with the rest of the RV but disappointed with this aspect.