Maintanance and controller box location for a Schwintek slide

bigdob24

I’ve got a 2018 3560SS with a couple of Schwintek slides.
Two questions, is there a controller box for these slides and where might I look to find it?
What’s everyone’s preventive maintainance on these?
I beleive the dealer said to use one of the dry Teflon sprays on the rails , does one need to get to the motors for anything ?

NYSUPstater

I bought a can of spray (which kind...name escapes me at the moment....CRS), but got it thru Grainger I think. Want to say I saw a video on lubing the Schwinteks (hence what kind of spray and how/where). Once I was able to do so, I opened both up, broke out the 10' step ladder and proceeded to spray under the rubber flaps (top/bottom) of both rails.

As for the motors, keeping fingers crossed they don't go south. IMO, lotta weight to move and that's w/o a w/d in closet. Guess the wife's pillow will have to get tossed someplace else. LOL

bigdob24

Thanks NY, the spray is CRC Power Lube w/PTFE.
How about the controller box, any idea as to where it’s located?
Thanks
BT

jbeletti

Thanks NY, the spray is CRC Power Lube w/PTFE.
How about the controller box, any idea as to where it’s located?
Thanks
BT

For front slides, I've seen the controller(s) mounted to the frontmost (Gen) compartment on the back wall.
81IREobyo5L._SX425_ (1).jpg

pegmikef

For front slides, I've seen the controller(s) mounted to the frontmost (Gen) compartment on the back wall.

Mine are mounted on the ceiling above the battery boxes in the generator compartment. After having had to replace both motors (and 1 controller) on the main bedroom slide on my 2018 Oshkosh, I am now the proud owner of two 500:1 spare slide motors and plan on adding one controller to my spares.

Tshot270

2014 3855fl my slide controls should bring in both slides on one side . There only bringing in one slide .where do I find the controller reset box