ATF: North Trail - 2010 North Trail 26 RKS diagrams needed

Desertsky

We have a 2010 North Trail 26RKS and have problems getting heat to the bedroom. Whoever designed the heating ductwork for this model should have to live in it on a few cold weeks! A little 2" duct snaking through the bathroom to the bedroom give no airflow at all. A 4" duct goes to heat the bathroom right next to the heater!

I want to pull of the underside cover and reroute one of the larger ducts to the bedroom. I have called the customer service line but they were no help. What I really need is a layout of the underside (tanks, plumbing, etc) before I start this to see if it is even feasible.

Anyone else out there with this model having the same issue? Did you fix it or just live with it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It would probably be best if you just pull down the underside Coroplast and take a look.
You should be able to tell right away if your plan is doable.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

If you're camping during a Colorado winter, you'll need more than a new duct. I'd suggest using 3/4" foam board from Lowes or Home Depot to build a mini-skirt under the area that needs more heat. Then put a ceramic disc heater in the enclosed area. A thermostatically controlled ceramic disc heater set at 70 (F) will help more than you might imagine. Place it on a 1" support so it stays dry in case melting snow or ice gets in the area.

If you have problems with keeping the water running, do the same thing under the main plumbing areas.

But if you really want to run a duct, there's usually plenty of room around tanks and plumbing runs. Cross braces can be a problem depending on how your trailer is built.

Btw, I don't think I've ever heard of Heartland giving advice on how to modify a trailer.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I highly doubt there are any printed diagrams on how the duct work,or anything else, for that matter...are run.