Repair list.

bishgeo

85D13F05-904F-4E89-8BF7-355D7C9E82FD.jpgFAEFFB9A-BF2B-47BD-AB0C-49258BD078FC.jpgFinally got our repair list made for dealer visit. **** shame. Just poor quality build.

George Bishop

Check the caulking at trim at roof on rear cap
Dinette slide out seal coming loose from wall outside
Seal under dinette slide out above tires coming loose
Dinette slide out rales at adjustment point missing washers and loose bolts
No entry step light
Entry door does not latch properly
Screen door too small for door opening
Passenger side storage bay door warped, leaks water
Lock front storage bay door does not fit properly-gap appears to be missing seal
Slide out brain in top of front storage box was flashing fault codes
Drivers side LP door bottom latch rotates too far does not stop
Damage to bedroom slide out black covering underneath
Check all slide out adjustment bolts for tightness
Stereo/home theater does not work
Front closet door in bedroom not in bottom track
Closet rod holder broken and not holding close rod up
Screw hole plugs falling out of ceiling beam
Cabinet doors above microwave do not close properly
Cabinet doors under sink do not close properly
Inside trim on dinette slide out coming loose poorly fit
Wall next to theater seat panel bowed doesn’t fit
Valance over entry door falling off
Hallway wall by bathroom bowed badly
Trim by bathroom door coming loose
Laundry bay doors do not close properly need adjusted
Bedroom door hits bathroom wall with slide in rubbing a spot
Water leak behind toilet
Cable TV not working to either TV
Check gasket or caulking around license plate light
Batteries do not seem to charge through pigtail, I’ve checked and there is 12 volt at 7-way plug in truck
Dinette slide jerks and pops when retracting
Theater seat slide jerks and pops when retracting
Interior panel on dinette slide out door side bowed/warped

LBR

View attachment 60279View attachment 60278Finally got our repair list made for dealer visit. **** shame. Just poor quality build.

George Bishop

No entry step light
Lock front storage bay door does not fit properly-gap appears to be missing seal
Cabinet doors under sink do not close properly
Water leak behind toilet
Batteries do not seem to charge through pigtail, I’ve checked and there is 12 volt at 7-way plug in truck
Interior panel on dinette slide out door side bowed/warped
Just responded to your rant on the FaceBook Heartland RV Forum, George....if you have any issues, either PM me here or Message me on FB!

BLR

Please sell your trailer..

You are going to have a stroke or heart attack if your not careful..

Sent from BLR Logistics

RickL

View attachment 60279View attachment 60278Finally got our repair list made for dealer visit. **** shame. Just poor quality build.

George Bishop

No entry step light
Cabinet doors under sink do not close properly - while I’ll agree one shouldn’t need to, I went ahead and adjusted all my cabinet doors. Easy to do and have found that they require consistent maintenance
Water leak behind toilet
Batteries do not seem to charge through pigtail, I’ve checked and there is 12 volt at 7-way plug in truck - you need to check the voltage and amperage at the plug and then at the batteries
Interior panel on dinette slide out door side bowed/warped -we had the same issue. My belief is it’s a result of the slide not being properly adjusted as you are saying the slides jerk while retracting. Ours is better after the dealer adjusted but isn’t perfect.
[/QUOTE

Your list has a number of the same items I had. I’ll agree it’s fustrating and believe that there is no excuse for a punch list this length. I’m frustrated by others who try to say get over it and take care of it yourself. All that being said though, our issues have really dried up as we go forward. Once I get the latest list taken care of at the factory this spring I firmly believe we are over the hump.

TrailCreek

My list was similar on our 2017 Newport. No problem, Camping World fixed most of it in a blistering 5 months. I fixed the rest. I did confirm it wasn't due to factory delays.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Was there ever a PDI done? Seems like most of these items should have been caught then.

RickL

Was there ever a PDI done? Seems like most of these items should have been caught then.

Sorry, but I disagree with you on this. Yes, some items may have been caught but as you live in the unit (we full time) that is when you really start to notice things. Taking it down the road, setting up, staying, breaking down, then moving on to the next destination and repeating the process is when these items really start to rear their head. Doing an occasional “camping” trip these items may take a lot longer to surface. Just my opinion however.

dave10a

Last year Heartland anounced that they opened a new final inspection (PDI) facility to improve their quality control. How come this unit (and others) slipped though that final inspection with those kind of problems??

Gary521

Last year Heartland anounced that they opened a new final inspection (PDI) facility to improve their quality control. How come this unit (and others) slipped though that final inspection with those kind of problems??

Quality is not inspected in, it should be "built" in. The idea of quality control being at the end of the line to "catch" things is antiqued. If there is a separate QC department, it should work hand in hand with the finishing/production dept. Six Sigma probably would not work here but maybe a better philosophy would.

sengli

Wow, dont know that I would trust camping world to fix anything, in a timely manner or at all. I have no confidence in them. Good thing I enjoy fixing things myself.

Gary521

Wow, dont know that I would trust camping world to fix anything, in a timely manner or at all. I have no confidence in them. Good thing I enjoy fixing things myself.

If you own one of these things, you have to be somewhat hands on.

HOOKERUP

Let's see now; spent lots of money on a rv,hopefully with minor problems,but now like the nursery story,,he has to be the butcher,baker and candlestick maker to take care of shoddy workmanship. I don't think so. JMHO.

danemayer

Let's see now; spent lots of money on a rv,hopefully with minor problems,but now like the nursery story,,he has to be the butcher,baker and candlestick maker to take care of shoddy workmanship. I don't think so. JMHO.

The people who camp next to us during the summer have 1 or 2 problems with their SOB every season. They're neither butcher, baker or candlestick maker, so they call the local mobile repair service. He was charging $125/hour last season. Not sure how much those repairs cost them, but it did look like it was for more than a few hours each time. Last summer was their 3rd season in that trailer and their repairs started on day 2 of season 1 on their brand new luxury trailer.

They could have hitched up and driven 90 miles to a dealer in Denver, and stayed in a hotel. Would have cost more and taken longer.

Or if they were handy, they could have done some/all of that work themselves.

Those are the choices. I'm sure if they could have, they would have wished all their problems away. But that didn't work for them.

Btw, did you notice I said "SOB". That mobile service guy keeps really busy working on every different brand.

Just being pragmatic here. In my world, I have to deal with whatever comes my way. So if I don't know how, I learn what I can and fix what I can. Some things I can fix. Some things I can't. Some things I choose to pay someone else to do.

kowAlski631

Just an observation. You spend more on a house than in an RV. Do you need to repair and replace things on and in your house? I suspect so. If things were made perfectly, there would be no reason for replacement parts or repair people. No one likes to have to make repairs or replace items especially when it's almost new, but stuff happens.

Martha

dave10a

I just read where the RV industry sales are down 20% this year. What is interesting is the economy is in good shape, Jobs are plentiful, folks are getting raises and etc. So why the decrease in sales. Could it be that folks are not happy with the industry and shoddy workmanship? I am holding off for trading for a new unit for that reason and maybe many feel the same way. I will be visiting the RV show in Tampa next week to see up close an personal how the show units are manufactured. BTY I no reason to not upgrade my truck and have never felt the need to a close and detailed PDI when I purchase a new truck.

Dmetcalf

I just read where the RV industry sales are down 20% this year. What is interesting is the economy is in good shape, Jobs are plentiful, folks are getting raises and etc. So why the decrease in sales. Could it be that folks are not happy with the industry and shoddy workmanship? I am holding off for trading for a new unit for that reason and maybe many feel the same way. I will be visiting the RV show in Tampa next week to see up close an personal how the show units are manufactured. BTY I no reason to not upgrade my truck and have never felt the need to a close and detailed PDI when I purchase a new truck.

We jus spent a pretty penny o a new 4007 so I m hoping (real bad) that they put some real effort into the build with a good Q.C. tech also eyeballing it as well. Time will tell I guess.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We jus spent a pretty penny o a new 4007 so I m hoping (real bad) that they put some real effort into the build with a good Q.C. tech also eyeballing it as well. Time will tell I guess.

You can save yourself the pain of what the OP went through by doing a very very good PDI before signing any paperwork. On another thread he spoke to not doing this. Make sure you tell them you wont sign until everything is fixed. It will minimize future frustrations.