Repair list.

kowAlski631

Good PDI is absolutely the key. We signed nothing until we had a repair list and a we owe you list signed by the dealer with a schedule made for all to be accomplished. Easy to draw up on the spot and puts the dealer on notice that you're not serious and this ain't your first rodeo.

RickL

Good PDI is absolutely the key. We signed nothing until we had a repair list and a we owe you list signed by the dealer with a schedule made for all to be accomplished. Easy to draw up on the spot and puts the dealer on notice that you're not serious and this ain't your first rodeo.

I wont disagree that one needs to do a torough PDI, however in my case (and I’m sure for a number of people) many of the items only showed up after USING the unit. That means for me taking it 500 miles down the road, living in it for a couple of months. Then moving again a significant amount. That’s when most of my biggest items showed up. You could spend 2 days doing a PDI and never catch what a pull down the road will show up.

As as I have stated in other posts the good news, knock on wood, we have been problem free other then the items I’m waiting to take the trailer back to the factory to get repaired this spring.

kowAlski631

I wont disagree that one needs to do a torough PDI, however in my case (and I’m sure for a number of people) many of the items only showed up after USING the unit. That means for me taking it 500 miles down the road, living in it for a couple of months. Then moving again a significant amount. That’s when most of my biggest items showed up. You could spend 2 days doing a PDI and never catch what a pull down the road will show up.

As as I have stated in other posts the good news, knock on wood, we have been problem free other then the items I’m waiting to take the trailer back to the factory to get repaired this spring.

We've put thousands of miles on our rig & full timed for a solid year before becoming occasional 3-4 month travelers. We found out issues during PDI. The problems you're describing are to us normal wear and tear - not something extraordinary - and items we have repaired.

Safe travels, Martha

RickL

We've put thousands of miles on our rig & full timed for a solid year before becoming occasional 3-4 month travelers. We found out issues during PDI. The problems you're describing are to us normal wear and tear - not something extraordinary - and items we have repaired.

Safe travels, Martha

Normal wear and tear such as the slide gasket under the oven/fridge coming loose, crack in the sidewall by the front slide, the seating/table slide wall buckling, yup I see your point as to normal wear and tear. (Yes, there are more instances but that just a few.

kowAlski631

Normal wear and tear such as the slide gasket under the oven/fridge coming loose, crack in the sidewall by the front slide, the seating/table slide wall buckling, yup I see your point as to normal wear and tear. (Yes, there are more instances but that just a few.

All I can relate are our experiences. Safe travels.

dave10a

YES PDI is very important when it comes to RV's, but Heartland did a very bad job building that unit. Lets not put the blame on the buyer for an inadequate PDI, but it is the manufacturer that created the problems in the first place. What makes it even worse is Heartland bragged about a new PDI facility that is suppose to catch those kind of problems. It is rediculous to blame the consumer for inadaequte PDI. In fact it is rather poor behaviour.

Sorry for the soap box, but we need to hold the manufacturers feet to the fire.

Snow

Maybe some of the reason for the 20% drop is we as owners have spent a good amount of time fixing the shoddy workmanship sorry it’s not even workmanship it’s the all mighty dollar,they want production up and It doesn’t matter how just as long as it’s out the door on time,it doesn’t matter if it’s missing a light at the steps,doors to small ,or cabinet doors doesn’t latch ETC, would love to have a new Big Country but my 2013 3650 is perfect now after fixing a few issues actually a lot of issues that I know for a fact that it happened at the factory not in transit to the dealer,now with all that said I’m very happy with my Rv I understand how things can get by QC I’m just glad I know how to fix all of my issues myself,when the times comes I’ll will buy another Heartland but the PDI will be much more in depth.
Thanks
Snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

RV Industry Association has reported on the industry-wide sales decline.
“The mild downturn in shipments reflects the impact of higher manufacturing costs for RV producers, and RV dealers adjusting their inventories due to changes in inventory carrying costs,” said Frank Hugelmeyer, president, RV Industry Association. “All relevant economic factors have been favorable for so long that slippage at some point was inevitable.

You can read the story here.

CDN

B and B
OP

No to defend or defame what issues you have or are having getting fixed.

A good dealer is key.

We did a walk through of our new trailer 3 weeks ago. Last Saturday it was Indoors and thawed out and we did a PDI and made a punch list not unlike yours. We were suppose to pick up the trailer Yesterday and and the dealer said No. Give us a another week to make sure everything is fine. We are not in the hurry as there are only a few parks open with 6 inches of snow all around. Waiting to try out Yeti in near freezing temps!

I hope you get your punch list fixed up and corrected soon.

jbeletti

OP

No to defend or defame what issues you have or are having getting fixed.

A good dealer is key.

We did a walk through of our new trailer 3 weeks ago. Last Saturday it was Indoors and thawed out and we did a PDI and made a punch list not unlike yours. We were suppose to pick up the trailer Yesterday and and the dealer said No. Give us a another week to make sure everything is fine. We are not in the hurry as there are only a few parks open with 6 inches of snow all around. Waiting to try out Yeti in near freezing temps!

I hope you get your punch list fixed up and corrected soon.

Brian - when you do get the unit and try out the Yeti, be sure to add water to all tanks (fresh, grays and blacks) before turning on the tank heater portion of the Yeti. Need that liquid as a heat sink, lest you potentially melt the tank. It's happened.

CDN

B and B
Brian - when you do get the unit and try out the Yeti, be sure to add water to all tanks (fresh, grays and blacks) before turning on the tank heater portion of the Yeti. Need that liquid as a heat sink, lest you potentially melt the tank. It's happened.

Thanks Jim for this reminder, I will add water to all.

bigdob24

I had a list not quite as big as yours but pretty extensive .
Mine was a little different as it was on the dealers lot for a long while as a demo to get people to look at there dealership.
They didn’t do maintenance and there was a lot of things just overlooked , that I found in the walk through.
They didn’t do what was promised before pickup , but in the end we found a dealership that is very good and took care of everything.
weare heading to Florida for a month and I’m sure more things will show up and when we return goto the new dealership and give them the new list for repair just before it goes out of Warrantee.
It is a long process with a lot of “what ifs” but in the end we will have a couple nice RVs to enjoy .
At least that’s my plan
Good luck
BT