Trailair pinbox worth the $$?

Tapps33

Hello my fellow RVers! I’ve got a RW 427 with the stick pinbox on it. However, I have been looking at upgrading to the trailair pinbox for a little less “bounce.”

Does anyone one have experience with these pinboxes? Would you recommend them over the stock fixed pinbox? Or is the “shock absorption” more hype than reality?

Thanks for the input!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

I have a Trailair Pin box and love it. A lot of folks do use them and they do take a lot of the shock out.

Jim M

Tapps33

That’s good to hear! I’ve been going back and forth on the subject and I think I’m going to finally pull the trigger! (Especially because I found a used one!!)

Which brings me to my next question, for those of you running these pinboxes, and issues I should watch out for if buying a 3 year old used one?

MTPockets

Hello my fellow RVers! I’ve got a RW 427 with the stick pinbox on it. However, I have been looking at upgrading to the trailair pinbox for a little less “bounce.”

Does anyone one have experience with these pinboxes? Would you recommend them over the stock fixed pinbox? Or is the “shock absorption” more hype than reality?

Thanks for the input!!
I’ve always heard nothing but good reports, but never experienced it myself. We towed with an F350DRW and had the MorRyde pin box which eliminated the surge. We never had the bounce as an issue. Our pin weight was 3400 lbs. My belief is that when you have a proper tow vehicle, and properly leveled/weighted trailer, there would be no need for anything more.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Thanks for the input!!

FlexAir here. Love it!!

chiefneon

Howdy!

I just changed out our pinbox on our Cyclone 4000. I installed a Reece Goose Box 20,000#. The factory pin box weighed considerably less than this new Goose Box which shipped stated 180 lbs. I decided to go this route as our new TV we’re having built is a 3500 DRW Chevorlet 2L Custom Hauler (no more 5th wheel). The Reece Goose Box has shocks and a airbag system.

https://www.towuniverse.com/reese-g...MI2On5tY_i3wIVD1uGCh1COwJsEAQYAyABEgKxxPD_BwE

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Gary521

Trail Aire or 5th Airborne, expensive but they are both worth every cent. Just make sure the used one fits your frame.

Tapps33

Ok, I think you’ve convinced me I should pull the trigger!

I’ll double check the figment, but it’s for a slippery frame and it’s a 21K pinbox, so in theory......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I had a Trail Air with Tri Glide on my 2011 Grand Canyon and loved it. When I bought my new 2018 Oshkosh which came with another brand pin box, I immediately noticed chucking and a noticeably rougher ride in my trailer. I soon located and acquired a like-new Flex Air pinbox and the difference is immense! I plan to never have another fifth wheel without it.

mlpeloquin

You better believe the Trailair Flexair makes a big difference along with air bags. If you want to keep the extra weight off the trailer, look at the Hensley Trailsaver Air-Ride 5th Wheel Hitch.