Curtains across rear of toy hauler

Nes002

Has anyone hung curtains across the rear of their toy hauler? I sane a video on you tube where a couple had done that in SOB toy hauler. We plan to use the garage as an office and have the 3 seasons wall but feel some curtains inside the 3 season wall would help on really sunny days. Any ideas would be welcomed for how to hang a rod from one side of the garage to the other.

LBR

This is what we have and couldn't be happier. Don't cheap out on a lesser quality curtain rod as this one stays put where you place it!

Curtains are not see thru...will block minute breezes coming in the 3 season doors with gate down, and are heavy enough to keep the garage cooler or warmer because of their backing.
fbeeb3a7c6b3dac3dbd35b627150aa4b.jpg
2c33182cd9a01a87ef88023817bae27c.jpg

avvidclif

Sure, went to the hardware store and bought a curtain rod and brackets long enough to reach across. Added blackout curtains and tiebacks. They go all the way to the floor and you need a rod or stick of some kind to open and close them. The loops are over 7' off the floor. They are between the 3 season doors and the ramp. When weather is nice the ramp can be left down and still have privacy when time to go to bed.

Nes002

Thanks to both of you for your recommendations. Appreciate knowing that you’ve tested these rods as I’d likely have tried just a regular tension rod. Now I have two good options to choose from!

LBR

Thanks to both of you for your recommendations. Appreciate knowing that you’ve tested these rods as I’d likely have tried just a regular tension rod. Now I have two good options to choose from!
It sounds like the difference between these 2 setups is our rod is adjustable for width and then is tensioned into place....no brackets.

The other thing is it is on the inside of garage/3 seasons doors, so wind nor rain has any affect on them and you don't have to go outside to open/close. Also, the DW is only 5'4" and can stand tippytoe on the garage dovetail to open and close with her fingers.

zolman

Great idea. And your install method seems to be the best from what I see the available spaces to be. Inside the doors there is only an 1 3/4" space between the ceiling bed and the rear windows, so it is likely a curtain might be "hooked" when the bed goes up/down.

Now that you had experienced the mod for 9 months is there anything that you would do differently?

I am a new owner of a 2020 Cyclone and would appreciate your advise.

jmarnell

Great idea. And your install method seems to be the best from what I see the available spaces to be. Inside the doors there is only an 1 3/4" space between the ceiling bed and the rear windows, so it is likely a curtain might be "hooked" when the bed goes up/down.

Now that you had experienced the mod for 9 months is there anything that you would do differently?

We also hung a curtain in our Cyclone a few months ago. Used a heavy duty, about 1 inch diameter tension rod. But also added mounting brackets we picked up at Lowe's that keep the rod in place but also makes it easy to remove the rod to take down the curtain for cleaning. Works fine.
20190907_073936.jpg

LBR

Not sure who you directed your question to without a quote?

BLR

Amazon has several options..

Read the above post to get ideas

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics