Prospective Buyer Landmark Newport

CDN

B and B
Hello,

Currently have a Bighorn 3575 EL and have the ability to upgrade to a Landmark Newport. Both are 2017. The Newport is like new, was used for 2 trips to Florida and has sat on the dealers lot since January 2018. This trailer is well equipped and has the little extras we are looking for. Anything in a 2017 we should look for?

Brian

Kathi-27

have a new 2019 Newport and love it. trade in a bighorn 3875fb. need to ck roof calking , skylite , vent covers for cracks or signs of leaking. all caulking needs ck. ck all slide seals and slide adjustment/operation.

Oldelevatorman

Hello,

Currently have a Bighorn 3575 EL and have the ability to upgrade to a Landmark Newport. Both are 2017. The Newport is like new, was used for 2 trips to Florida and has sat on the dealers lot since January 2018. This trailer is well equipped and has the little extras we are looking for. Anything in a 2017 we should look for?

Brian[/

Check everything thoroughly, take hours not minutes! They’re not perfect, you may find a loose screw or something amiss. Don’t sweat the small stuff! We have the same model and year and love it. Plenty of Landmark owners here to help with questions. Good luck, go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMP

We like our 2016 Newport 365. Replacing the spring axles with 8k MorRyde IS and 8kPSI disc brakes and electric heat were the two best two modifications. I also installed two U hangers in the front wardbrobe section to strengthen the clothes rod. Good luck.

CDN

B and B
We have only 1 Landmark dealer in Ontario. Have bought several trailers from him through the years. He is honest and looks after us with our Bighorn and previous Park Model Golden Falcon. Reality is with Candian dollar exchange 30 to 32% today and duties this is very affordable change.I will get a 1 year warranty from the dealer so we should be good and have the remaining of our extended warranty on the Bighorn we can apply as well.

ILH

Hello,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I think I was looking at the same used model - just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger yet! Go for it and enjoy!

CDN

B and B
Looks to me that your 3575el might have more storage than the Newport? Chris

I was looking at that too Chris, basement storage is less. We have more storage inside though. Jim B did some mods to the storage on his Newport making use of some wasted space at the front. I will also be pulling out the Generator prep and sealing the bottom up. I did that on the Bighorn and made the front compartment water tight. My GMG smoker rides up there and my extra hoses and such.

SNOKING

I was looking at that too Chris, basement storage is less. We have more storage inside though. Jim B did some mods to the storage on his Newport making use of some wasted space at the front. I will also be pulling out the Generator prep and sealing the bottom up. I did that on the Bighorn and made the front compartment water tight. My GMG smoker rides up there and my extra hoses and such.

We love the butler pantry area in our 3575el. Can make lunch while traveling without pushing out a slide. We pulled the center console out of the theater seats and moved it in to the park model with the old seats the Lippert replaced because the heat failed. This allow us to move table over 5" giving more room on each side. Our is an early 2017 before they removed the chair rail in the living room slide, cheapen a couple over things. Storage in the bathroom is great also. We left it on our summer RV lot in Washington and installed a metal roof. It is our summer home now. We bought a little bumper trailer to commute back and forth to Arizona. Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20180911_113251.jpg
    IMG_20180911_113251.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 26

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
They must have changed the basement storage since 2018, because I have a HUGE amount of basement storage. We have been living in our Newport for nearly 2 years and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. This is our 3rd Heartland and by far the best so far.

Rod

CDN

B and B
Hello,

One more question, don't want to ask the dealer too much before we see it and loose our bargaining power. Is the Fridge Ice/Water on a 2017 Landmark fed with the 5 gallon water jug and Pump?

- - - Updated - - -

They must have changed the basement storage since 2018, because I have a HUGE amount of basement storage. We have been living in our Newport for nearly 2 years and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. This is our 3rd Heartland and by far the best so far.

Rod

Hi Rod

I am going to measure my basement storage on the 3575 EL I own and see what difference there might be. The model we are looking at as the TV on a slide. not sure if this was factory or dealer added.

I know one thing we would leaving behind is our waste hauling tank. We would never use it with 2 black tanks every after 3 weeks boon docking

danemayer

Hello,

One more question, don't want to ask the dealer too much before we see it and loose our bargaining power. Is the Fridge Ice/Water on a 2017 Landmark fed with the 5 gallon water jug and Pump?

-
I think the 5 gallon water jug is something Tom Montague came up with for the newer Bighorns. I don't expect you'll find it on a 2017 Landmark.

SNOKING

Looking at you sig line, I have to ask, is you F350 a dually? Chris

I found the answer in one of your other post. I believe that Newport with be pushing your SRW rear axle to it limits. Dry pin weight is about 800 pounds more than the BH3575el. I see lots of Landmarks 365's in our snowbird park with SRW trucks and scratch my head wondering if they have even hit a scale, as I know that my Bighorn 3575el has my SRW rear axle at 6750 or so. I have a 7K RGAWR. Chris

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hello,

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Rod

I am going to measure my basement storage on the 3575 EL I own and see what difference there might be. The model we are looking at as the TV on a slide. not sure if this was factory or dealer added.

I know one thing we would leaving behind is our waste hauling tank. We would never use it with 2 black tanks every after 3 weeks boon docking

On ours, our ice maker feeds from the normal city water line or tank pump depending on how you have your Andersen valve set. On the 2018 there are no water bottles or jugs that the ice maker draws from. We do not have a water dispenser on our fridge, we use tap water. We have upgraded our water filtration system from a single to a double filter system (carbon and sediment) which filters our water to our entire coach.

Please let me know about the storage in the basement. Our current basement has a super large basement, that I thought was the largest Heartland made. Please let me know if that is not true.

Rod

- - - Updated - - -

I found the answer in one of your other post. I believe that Newport with be pushing your SRW rear axle to it limits. Dry pin weight is about 800 pounds more than the BH3575el. I see lots of Landmarks 365's in our snowbird park with SRW trucks and scratch my head wondering if they have even hit a scale, as I know that my Bighorn 3575el has my SRW rear axle at 6750 or so. I have a 7K RGAWR. Chris

Chris is right here that the Newport will definitely stretch a SRW beyond its limits. We have a 4250 lb. pin weight on ours. We have a washer/dryer in our bathroom along with a wine fridge, so without those, it would be about 500 lbs. lighter.

Rod

CDN

B and B
Looking at you sig line, I have to ask, is you F350 a dually? Chris

No it is not a Dually. I am aware of the pin weight, the loading of the trailer and my trucks CCC weight. I will be at operational limits with my truck and will be over when we boondock with limited travel within campgrounds with full tanks either entering or after camping. I have run my Current Bighorn fully loaded and truck as well for 2 years in our regular travel areas, 2 lane roads or rural open highways at 55 mph as posted limits. I would invest in Disc Brakes before would spend on a Dually IMHO.

CDN

B and B

Yes I have hit the scale myself and know my limits with current trailer. When we bought I went by a sale on the way home and know my weight. Weighed every item prior to reloading the trailer and kept up a running tally of load added or subtracted. For us right now all items that reside in the Bighorn we are 1100 lbs. Adding clothes and food for a 2 week trip we add 250 lbs average. It is common for many to 3/4 ton trucks in many places including some I saw at Heartland and SOB rally's pulling 16,000 lb 3500 lb pin weight trailers.

We do not have a washer /dryer or wine fridge, no built in generator as well. Plans are to add a washer when we retire and purchase a dually as there is a lot of Canada to see and mountains to climb, my thought the DW does not want too though. :rolleyes:

CDN

B and B
Thank you for the contribution to this thread.. We have decided to keep what we have. This used unit is missing some things we are looking for when the time is right to travel more. We might look at a Bighorn with full body paint and Dual Pane Windows, Propane Fridge is a factor here.