ATF: Cyclone - Slide floor issue

Rawhide

The floor for the bedroom slide has cracked and a 4"x4" chunk has broken. This is where the roller is that it rides on. There are three rollers. The floor is getting creases by the other two rollers and will eventually Crack as well. Anyone else had this problem? What's the repair? Looks like the entire slide will need to be removed and the floor replaced.
This rv is only 23 months old. Over half that time it's been sitting at home or in the repair shop.

Dmetcalf

Wow, I am sorry to read this ..!We have the same system on our new 4007 we just bought so I will keep an eye on that for sure.! I hoe you get his issue resoled soon..! Thanks for sharing.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have had the plastic coating peal off on a slide other than the bedroom. I have repaired them with success.
You can get a sheet of galvanized metal or a thicker aluminum plate wider than the rollers and as long as the roller track under the slide.
Lots of caulk to hold it in place and a boat load of the correct length stainless screws into pre-drilled holes of the metal. They must be outside of the roller track by at least 1/2 inch.
You will need to jack the slide up a bit to get the metal in place. Check the clearance at the top of the slide before you jack it.

Peace
Dave

Dmetcalf

I have had the plastic coating peal off on a slide other than the bedroom. I have repaired them with success.
You can get a sheet of galvanized metal or a thicker aluminum plate wider than the rollers and as long as the roller track under the slide.
Lots of caulk to hold it in place and a boat load of the correct length stainless screws into pre-drilled holes of the metal. They must be outside of the roller track by at least 1/2 inch.
You will need to jack the slide up a bit to get the metal in place. Check the clearance at the top of the slide before you jack it.

Peace
Dave

Great info. thank you.

Todster

Are you talking the bedroom slide out on the drivers side? Where there are rollers under the slide and the roller has dented the black coated wood to the point of creasing is and it splits?

If so yes. We just had this happen at 2 years old. Not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dmetcalf

Are you talking the bedroom slide out on the drivers side? Where there are rollers under the slide and the roller has dented the black coated wood to the point of creasing is and it splits?

If so yes. We just had this happen at 2 years old. Not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im really hoping that Heartland has been made aware of this and has taken action to address it with their newer models..!! We just purchased our 2019 Cyclone and I have noticed the same system with the top dbl. slide so I’ll be keeping an eye on it for sure. Thanks for the information and this is why these forums are so important..!

Rawhide

Yes, talking about the bedroom slide that has 3 rollers under it. The floor is grooved, cracked and now a piece is broken.
Not quite 2 years old. Did you repair yours?