First Camper (Pioneer), First Post

ralioth

Yo!

Since this is our first camper, been reading a lot, trying to see what makes this thing tick. We have a 2018 Heartland Pioneer PI BH 175.

I am very thankful for a friend of ours who has been holding my hand (metaphorically) to lead us through the tons of information. What really gets me is the stunning lack of targeted data specifically pertaining to my model of camper. I've all the owners manuals, and it's a fistful, but for a first timer, they are somewhat lacking.

That being said, this thing is really awesome! Hook it up to the truck, roll on down to the campsite, get her set up and just camp! It is so much easier having moved out of the tent.

And thanks to everyone who's posted on this forum. There's a lot of good info here!!

Jim R

jbeletti

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Pioneer!

If you haven't already done so, consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. It's free and easy to join (see link in my sig).

And we have a fabulous National Rally coming up this June in Indiana where you could meet a ton of other owners and learn so much about the various systems in the RV.

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new TT and welcome to this great forum and family. Don't be a stranger to the site and hope to meet you down the road. Again , congrats and enjoy that new rig. Later and have a great day.

jerryjay11

"What really gets me is the stunning lack of targeted data specifically pertaining to my model of camper. I've all the owners manuals, and it's a fistful, but for a first timer, they are somewhat lacking."

You'll find that with just about any camper that the manuals are not strictly targeted to your model. It's usually do to cost of printing specific camper model manuals. Be not discouraged as it is all available via this forum as well as elsewhere on the net. Check out the "Tools" link above and if you still have questions just post them here. There is always someone to help with their experience.

pedirob

Yes, the owners manuals are very vague and not model-specific.

It really wouldn't be that hard to make specific ones - it's basically just a Word document. But that's the way it is, across all brands I think. As far as printing...they're not even printed any more. Mine just came with a PDF file on a thumb drive.

Anyway, this forum has all the info; just use the search function. Whatever you're trying to figure out, someone has probably already figured it out for you! Sometimes Google has the answer too.

Enjoy your new camper!

Rob

danemayer

The main cost of manuals is not in the printing or distribution. It's in the large number of writers required to create and update the manuals for a very large product line that changes frequently.

We do have a large collection of owner-written user guides in this folder. Most, while not specific to a model, provide information you may find helpful. And of course as you learn about your Pioneer, you might want to take a crack at sharing what you've learned so the next person can benefit from your experience.

'Lil Guy'

If yuou sign up for a rally in your area and attend, you'll be able to get all the info you need about your rig from the fellow Heartlanders in attendance. Don't tell anyone, but that is the best way to get your minor repairs taken care of also. Just stand outside your rig with a wrench and you'll have the whole group over fixing it for you.lol I assure you there is a lot of knowledge in attendance at our rallies and everyone loves to help each other out, whether with answering questions or labor. Again, enjoy your ne rig.

kowAlski631

We actually prefer electronic versions. Download to our Kindles, laptops, iPhones, whatever. Easier to search for specific words.

ralioth

Thanks all, for the welcome.

I agree with the electronic, searchable version of the owners manuals being the easiest way to find something. CTRL-F and you're up and running!

See ya round the campfire!!

Hello, I just bought a 2019 BH175 and I agree, so many questions and so few answers, if you could share anything of interest that you have learned that would be great. I’ve had mine for a few days and still know nothing, lol, if you could please email or contact me with anything that may help me I would be grateful. Today I wanted to get on the roof and make sure everything was ok, but since it does not have a ladder installed I assume it will not take the weight of someone on the roof.
thanks
Yo!

Since this is our first camper, been reading a lot, trying to see what makes this thing tick. We have a 2018 Heartland Pioneer PI BH 175.

I am very thankful for a friend of ours who has been holding my hand (metaphorically) to lead us through the tons of information. What really gets me is the stunning lack of targeted data specifically pertaining to my model of camper. I've all the owners manuals, and it's a fistful, but for a first timer, they are somewhat lacking.

That being said, this thing is really awesome! Hook it up to the truck, roll on down to the campsite, get her set up and just camp! It is so much easier having moved out of the tent.

And thanks to everyone who's posted on this forum. There's a lot of good info here!!

Jim R

danemayer

Hello, I just bought a 2019 BH175 and I agree, so many questions and so few answers, if you could share anything of interest that you have learned that would be great. I’ve had mine for a few days and still know nothing, lol, if you could please email or contact me with anything that may help me I would be grateful. Today I wanted to get on the roof and make sure everything was ok, but since it does not have a ladder installed I assume it will not take the weight of someone on the roof.
thanks

Hi Kennedyvalley,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great collection of manufacturer manuals for subsystems and appliances, all located HERE. And there are quite a few owner-written user guides located HERE. You can also find an enormous amount of relevant information by browsing the different sub-forums and reading the subjects of each thread. If you click on the FORUM tab at top left, it'll take you to the top level listing of fora.

mlpeloquin

I would be shocked if you trailer could not support a weight of a person. At least 250 lbs. The ladder on my now traded in Big Horn was not the best. I purchased an aluminum telescopic one like this from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Ohuhu-Telesc...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01LAHCOQ4

You can carry it in your tow vehicle. You do need to get on the roof and inspect all the sealant twice a year. I use a small pick and go along all the edges to make sure that the sealant was adhering properly.