Wilderness 2475BH

nsnider

Picking up my first TT on Monday. Its a 2018 Wilderness 2475BH. I think i'm getting an awesome price. The dealer has been extremely nice. Getting the Hitch installed at the time of pickup as well. Is there any specific questions i should be asking or anything i should look at with this model to make sure i have no surprises. Thanks in advance.

'Lil Guy'

The only way you'll have no surprises is to make sure you do a quality pre delivery inspection before closing the deal. The dealer should have a sheet he'll want you to sign off on that goes in his package showing how they tested everything. They don't. It's up to you to see that it gets done. Your trailer should be hooked up to water and shore power when you arrive to check it out. Check all faucets and drain points for leaks now. Operate every switch and make sure you're familiar with them and that they all work. TV, sound system heater, a/c, jacks, leveling system, etc.. Check everything and if you don't understand how to use it, ask questions now. This is your time and they are allocate4d time to show you. Take advantage of it.

Too many people get excited and just drag their new rigs off the lot only to be plagued with so many minor issues that they get overwhelmed and think they have a lemon. Then, they begin to bash their product when most of the issues are expected in shipment and didn't get the time for a complete make ready. Make sure your rig gets the make ready and eliminate 90% of your potential problems. When you're comfortable with operating everything and you've insured everything is working, then and only then should you accept it and drive off. Tire pressure is an important precaution we check every time we pull our rigs. Take a gage with you and you'll see that they didn't check it.

To sum it up, It's up to you to get a good start with your new rig.
PS make sure they install your equalizer hitch for a level tow.
Good look with your endeavor and keep us posted as to your new rig. Enjoy and hope to meet you down the road.
Hope I hear good things from you and not a lot of gripes on things you should have caught ii taking delivery. There is always going to be a few things but you can eliminate the bulk of them upon delivery.
Later and have a great day.

BTW Welcome to the forum and family. Don't be a stranger. Make sure to join the HOC and try to attend a rally or ten. You'll see how Heartlanders assist and help each other. No question is dumb so don't be afraid to ask. Again, later and have a great day.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Congrats on the Wilderness. My cousin purchased a Wilderness 2 years ago. Loves it. Been all over with it.

Enjoy snd safe travels!!

nsnider

Thanks for the advice. They said they are going to go over the entire camper with me to make sure I know how to use everything. They are also installing the new WDH at time of pickup.

nsnider

Can anyone tell me if the travel rack on the rear is suppose to be a standard option. If not, is it possible to order one from the factory?

Post #1, I pick up a 2019 2475BH as my first TT in 1 week. You have about 6 months head start on me? How’s it going, any major issues you’ve run into?

Copy on the pre-delivery / drove-off inspection! I did a very quick review of it before signing, basically shopped enough we were sure that’s the one, but need to get that checkout to know it’ll just work on my wife’s first TT camping trip ever... in 2 weeks.

(Grew up doing this, so not unfamiliar)

BTW nsrider it looks like you haven’t been back to the forum? Hopefully this email notice triggers some thoughts to come post, and see you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if the travel rack on the rear is suppose to be a standard option. If not, is it possible to order one from the factory?

It’s an optional equipment if you didn’t get that info yet, but can be bought and installed (or even aftermarket).

woychc

Hi All. Just picked up a 2020 Wilderness 2475BH up here in Winnipeg Canada. New to the wilderness/ heartland brand. Any tips or things to look out for? I’ve had many Rvs so basics aren’t a problem for me. Thanks!

Hi All. Just picked up a 2020 Wilderness 2475BH up here in Winnipeg Canada. New to the wilderness/ heartland brand. Any tips or things to look out for? I’ve had many Rvs so basics aren’t a problem for me. Thanks!

Micro-Aire Easy Start AC modification worked well for me on it, with a 3400 W gen.

I swapped the propane regulator, it was hot garbage, put in one with auto changeover. Replaced hoses because mine failed and leaked a tank of gas middle of the night, 3 months after purchase.

The heater had issues running and staying on first trip out, pretty sure this is a gas pressure issue, turned it down on regulator and it helped but haven’t retuned that with the new regulator yet. It would start the heater burn for a few seconds and stop, very loud too. Lower pressure smoothed the noise and kept it on longer but still not optimal.

Added second battery because heater fan ran it dead every night, in 40 deg weather.