Fulltimers - Where are you wintering for the 2008/2009 season?

jbeletti

Calling all full-timers....

Thought we'd throw up a thread here asking you to Post Reply as to what city and state/prov you are wintering in this season as well as the name of the campground.

Perhaps some of your fellow Heartlanders who have to hunker down in the cold up north may want to make a winter visit to you in the sun :)

In fact, I know a lot of you will be in Texas. I would love to take a trip down to Mission, TX, see my RV pals and work my way back north.

And if everyone knows where everyone else will be, maybe y'all can have a few get togethers. I've seen a few of them being planned already.

Jim
(wintering in Chicago :eek: brrrrr....)

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
The Dear Wife and I will spend the winter workcamping at the Petrifide Forest National Park in Az, from Dec1-2008 to March -31-2009. Than April -15-2009 to July-15-2009 at Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument in N.Mexico.If any one is in the area stop in for a coffee. TRAVELER07

JIMnMICK

Fulltimming Workampers
Mickey and i will be wintering in Plant City FL. I work with a good friend at his strawberry farm till april we have not taken a job yet for next summer.We will be back in Fl. nov.8th

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Saundra and I will be at Tiki Village in Lakeland FL about 1/1 through 3/31.

However, maybe I shouldn't replied as we are not full-timers.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lin & I just got set up at Colonia del Rey RV Park in Corpus Christi, TX. 86 degrees and sunny on arrival. Isn't life grand?

Tom of Ypsi

Judy and I will be in the Rio Grande Valley, Donna, Tx at Casa Del Sol Park starting Nov 1 until March or April. We are still at Rayford Crossing, Spring, Tx parked amongst a Prevost MH Rally. Hope to get pic's tomorrow of all these wanna be Heartland owners.

We're living just north of Denver for the winter. Just moved to town from Michigan and we're living in the Bighorn while we save money for a house and to figure out where in the city we really want to be.

dennylm

Do you remember the first time you "drove off into the sunset" to begin full-timing? DW and I will FINALLY be heading out next week to "become gypsies"! We're more excited than when we first picked up our 3055 a year ago!

We will be in Albuquerque for Thanksgiving, Jacksonville, FL for Christmas and then will be heading into southern FL, with no specific plans, for the really cold months. Only desires at this time are to see the shuttle lift off.

I'm retired military so we usually look for military installations with RV parks before anything else.

Any suggestions as to where to try to camp, where NOT to camp, over crowding, length of stay max's, etc?

I love this forum! What did we do before the internet??????

dennylm

Linda and I just returned from Elkhart, Indiana having some warranty work done. On the 30th of October we leave for Guntersville Alabama for the month of November, to visit my sister and Brother-in-law in Huntsville.
If all goes well we will be just south of Lake Wales Florida for the winter.

Delaine and Lindy

Jim as you know we had to quit full timing due to the Medical issues with Delaine's Mom. And now her Dad is in the Hospital, and he has a heart valve issue. We have reservations for Gulf Shores from 1 Nov thru Dec and then on down to the Tampa Fla area for Jan thru Feb. We still consider ourselves as some timers but our plans will have some changes for our family comes first. We have friends that are Montana owners that are going to be at our home base (RV site) for the Winter and they will be here on the 28th of Oct. We have donated our Rv site to them for the winter. It help us and it will help them. GBY....

jbeletti

Lindy,

Yes, I recall. I hope the doctors can resolve Delaine's Dad's heart issue. Travel safe and who knows - now that Heartlanders know where you will be, you may have an opportunity for a friendly visit in down south this winter.

Jim

geeksrus

We will be at Bentsen Palms Village in Mission TX for 3 months starting December 1st.

Leaving Alberta on November 5th or so... plan to spent some time in northern NM on the way to TX, if weather cooperates... if not, will spend some time in the TX Hill Country or the TX Coast before heading to Mission.

At the beginning of March we'll start heading home thru AZ & maybe up the West Coast... plan to be back in Sundre by April 15th (have to do the tax thing).

That's the plan for now, but who knows!

Eh!

SmokeyBare

We're parked presently in Norcross Georgia... Plans are to leave around the first of January for Spring Hill Florida to a place called Big Oaks RV Park.

Here's the link:
http://www.bigoakspark.com/

Our plans are to be there till the first of April... then work our way north...

Planning to take in the Escapee's 2009 Escapade Rally at Sedalia Missouri, then traveling to Goshen Indiana for Heartland's 2009 North American Rally.

Looks like a fun Spring.... looking forward to visiting many of our extended Heartland family members !!

dennylm

Jimmyt5,

Will they let you make reservations at MacDill this far in advance? And no 14-15 day stay limit?

dennylm

silverfox

Looks like family will keep us in the San Jose area until next spring. Originally we had planned to go to Yuma area. Then next spring we will head to Colorado for the birth of our 5th grandchild.

jpmorgan37

American Sunset

For all you folks that are enjoying the heat and humidity of the southern climes, think of us in the Pacific Northwest enduring the winter storms and "occasional" sunshine. Sue and I will be spending the winter in Westport, Washington here. We wish you all a wonderful winter.

John & Sue

fljlcw

dw and i will still be in roswell nm until at least april at trailer village rv stop in for A visit if anyone is passing through

cjbearden

Visitor
J.D. and I are at Ransom Road RV Resort in Aransas Pass, TX. Plan to be here until Jan. 31 heading to Braunig Lake RV Park, San Antonio, TX for Feb. and March. First part of April, we are heading over to see Ken at RV EZSteps near Manvel, TX. After he completes some adjustments on our steps, we will head to Bossier City, LA for a few days visit with the grandkids. Plans then are to head eastward to SC, up to NC, over to KY and into IN for the big rally in Goshen. Of course, some travel will be dictated by the "tornado season" in these areas during the Spring! We have enjoyed Aransas Pass and getting to see Ray and Lin several times.

Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Still stuck in Norfolk, Va until March or April of next year. VA is doing some work on the RV...and I'm doing some work on the VA. The fitting on the new leg starts again Thursday. With PT starting whenever the prothestist says the leg and I are ready.

The Wantobees will be pulling out next week for a move to another part of their job up in Dahlgren. I'll miss them they've been a lot of company.

Winter is on it's way...but, it's amazing how much warmer it is in Norfolk as opposed to Fairfax. Sure wish I was in west Texas.