2019 - Goshen Rally - Technical Presentations

gasman

Camp Socializer
Jim, what about Sonny Dismuke with RV Improvement Systems? (Liberty Rider, Joy Rider, Never Fail Bushings, etc.)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Maybe something on rv furniture -- how to clean and maintain the surfaces, trouble shoot electronics on the recliners, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I know this is in the tools section, but it might be useful to have a short presentation on converters, their electrical paths, diagnosing problems, and the relationship of the resettable DC circuit breaker controlling its output to the batteries. (I am on my third converter in my LM and had to actually read the documentation and chat with Progressive Service Techs regarding diagnosing the converter to get mine replaced).

Mike - Dan Mayer and I will present our AC and DC User Guides. We won't take a super deep dive into them but more like an orientation. That said, I think we can manage an overview of power from a path perspective.

jbeletti

I'd like to suggest a presentation on inverters/converters, options and installs, for those of us that don't have a residential refrigerator.
I'm primarily interested in what I would do to add a power source while dry docking, being at a rest area etc.
Enough to power a television, fan or microwave etc.
Thanks, I'm not sure if all that will be covered in the residential refrigerator presentation.

Butch - this is "sort of covered.

Plan to participate in these sessions during rally week:
  • Boondocking Dan (and Lisa Brown)
  • LiFePO4 Batteries (Battle Born)
  • Residential Refer Overview (we'll go over the power system for it, including the dedicated inverter and transfer switch)(Dan Mayer and Jim Beletti)
  • AC/DC Power Systems User Guides introduction (Dan Mayer and Jim Beletti)
  • Understanding AC Power and Surge Protection (Mike Sokol)

Alanspc

I would like to see a presentation on roof sealing and repairs. Perhaps have a vendor on site that can do minor repairs. I have had a tug-o-war with a couple of stubborn tree branches that won.

Alan Coles
2016 Big Country 4010RD
2006 GMC Sierra Duramax

jbeletti

I would like to see a presentation on roof sealing and repairs. Perhaps have a vendor on site that can do minor repairs. I have had a tug-o-war with a couple of stubborn tree branches that won.

Alan - we "plan" to have Dicor do a presentation on roof maintenance. Just waiting on a confirmation from them. We won't have any onsite repair vendors to service roofs. Sorry.

jbeletti

Mike Sokol will be providing two presentations for us as follows:

• Tuesday, June 11 from 10:30 am to Noon - No~Shock~Zone - RV Hot-Skin Voltages
  • Wednesday, June 12 from 10:30 am to Noon - Understanding AC Power and Surge Protection
If you have an hour between now and rally time, Mike has made available on YouTube, a webinar he just did "All about RV park pedestals and their dangers"

porthole

Retired
Mike Sokol will be providing two presentations for us as follows:

• Tuesday, June 11 from 10:30 am to Noon - No~Shock~Zone - RV Hot-Skin Voltages
  • Wednesday, June 12 from 10:30 am to Noon - Understanding AC Power and Surge Protection
If you have an hour between now and rally time, Mike has made available on YouTube, a webinar he just did "All about RV park pedestals and their dangers"

You finally get Mike to a rally and we will miss it .......

cbramsey

The Mike Sokol presentation yesterday was excellent. I am looking forward to today's presentation on AC Power and Surge Protection.