12v Ceiling Lights Only in Living/Kitchen Not Working

pegmikef

I put this off for like a week and my wife finally just wanted the wires not sticking out of the wall so I cut the burnt part of the neutral wires off and get a new twist nut connector and twisted them back together. Installed the switch and the lights are working *shrugs shoulders*

Been using them for almost a week now and haven't had a problem.

Did pull out fireplace out though cause the lights don't kick on and I found more burnt/melted wires and the little tiny transformer/converter was black on one side. So not using that anymore.

So I'm wondering now if my trailer got a power surge or something and it fried a couple things like the wires and the fireplace? ...

Could have been a power surge before you bought it, but it also is often because of loose connections especially neutral connections.

mlpeloquin

Thought about getting a replacement transformer for it, but there are a couple weird suspect things with it and I'd rather not have any issues since we will be living in it and likely using the fireplace a lot to cut down on propane costs. So probably gonna find a new one to put in. Looks like you can get decent ones for around $200.

We do use out fireplace, but never when we are asleep. Just do not fully trust it. We purchased a short electric heating tower and placed it on the fireplace. At times we use both to warm up the fifth wheel. https://www.amazon.com/d/Home-Space...874312&sr=8-7&keywords=electric+heating+tower