Insulation Value/Type in Garage of 2019 4005

ksucats

I hope I have the right model - the wife and I saw one at the Kansas City RV Show a couple of weeks ago and she has fallen in love with it. However, I'm concerned about whether the garage is insulated to the same value as the rest of the coach. I don't find anything on line to answer the question, and watching a video of the manufacturing of a different Heartland brand toy hauler, it appears that the assembly workers stop with the insulation before they get to the garage. This is important as we plan to have our pet kennels in there when not moving.

Lynn1130

Get down and look under the garage floor from the outside. You will probably find that there is no coroplast or insulation under the garage floor. The beams will be open with the floor above. If it is like most all of the rest of ours there is little to no insulation in the floor or walls. This really was one of my biggest disappointments with the Cyclone. They put bunks back there for use as another sleeping area and did not insulate it.

Todster

This was for good reason. Everyone with a fuel storage cell has it located back there. You do not want to capture fumes if there is even the slightest bit of vapor leakage. That would be bad.

Now if you ordered without fuel cells I’m sure you could do something more about it like insulation after the fact etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lynn1130

The simple solution is-don't insulate the fuel cell. It could be done. In-fact because the tank sits level with the bottom of the frame (almost) it cannot be well insulated and need not be. And if we use that theory then why are the walls un/under insulated? The fact is, it was cost saving because whomever designed toy haulers thought that few would be using the garage as nighttime living area, even though they put bunks there. Obviously, like many other products engineered by non-users they mess it up.

Dmetcalf

The simple solution is-don't insulate the fuel cell. It could be done. In-fact because the tank sits level with the bottom of the frame (almost) it cannot be well insulated and need not be. And if we use that theory then why are the walls un/under insulated? The fact is, it was cost saving because whomever designed toy haulers thought that few would be using the garage as nighttime living area, even though they put bunks there. Obviously, like many other products engineered by non-users they mess it up.

I absolutely agree with your theory here. I would have thought that after all of the years if building toyhaulers tgat someone might have thought about better insulating the garage area especially with sleeping areas in it ..!! Geeze..!!