Help me identify this part

txtinman

Help me identify this part (SOLVED)

My 2018 RW426 has two of these mounted on the back. One on each side of the ramp. I can't figure out what they are used for.

20190127_145906.jpg

20190127_145914.jpg

20190127_145753.jpg

20190127_145816.jpg

Last edited:

david-steph2018

These are not on our 2018 RW427. But could it be for an awning support for the rear awning?

Not sure just a guess.

Attachments

• rear view.jpg
    rear view.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 78

LBR

That was my first guess, but my awning doesn't have supports.
Roll the awning out completely, get a step stool, and check the very end of it. Supports should be there, slide out from the awning, twist, and hook to your brackets in question.

txtinman

Roll the awning out completely, get a step stool, and check the very end of it. Supports should be there, slide out from the awning, twist, and hook to your brackets in question.
I'll check this out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

jerryjay11

Definitely awning supports. Used them on last two campers. Awning supports rods could be extended to the ground or attached to these brackets.

mthompson

jerryjay11 First let me apoligize for being off topic, but I'm trying to find out where to get the map that shows where you've been in your signature.

Definitely awning supports. Used them on last two campers. Awning supports rods could be extended to the ground or attached to these brackets.

txtinman

I'll check this out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Well I didn't say which tomorrow. :rolleyes:

LBR you are correct, but I believe Heartland installed the wrong hardware to support my awning. I don't know which is the correct part.

DSC_6673-800x600.jpgDSC_6672-800-600.jpgDSC_6671-800x600.jpg

txtinman

Re: Help me identify this part (SOLVED)

Yeah. I got it to work. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out how simple things work, but I was stumped this time. Thanks for the help.