Roadside Assistance Renewal Time-Looking for Input

Hogladyrider

May 2019 our roadside assistance is due for renewal.

We've had Coachnet and Good Sam in the past, luckily we've never had to use either.

Looking for information on what other fulltimers are using for roadside assistance and their opinions of the plans.

If there are other plans I should research I'd love to hear about them.

Susan & Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

I think there is a fairly large list of threads where this has been discussed at some length. Below this post at the bottom of the thread is a list of "similar threads" that could help with your question.

ksucats

I was very disappointed in Good Sam's support this past December. Tried to go through a two foot high snowdrift that was across the road and my truck stopped like in quick-sand. In any case, called Good Sam and they would not send a wrecker as it was snow (or sand). Not a covered item.

Hogladyrider

I think there is a fairly large list of threads where this has been discussed at some length. Below this post at the bottom of the thread is a list of "similar threads" that could help with your question.

Thank you, I did do a search before I posted a new thread. The search brought up all those threads, however non are current most are outdated, hence I felt there might be updated information available out there.

Susan

- - - Updated - - -

I was very disappointed in Good Sam's support this past December. Tried to go through a two foot high snowdrift that was across the road and my truck stopped like in quick-sand. In any case, called Good Sam and they would not send a wrecker as it was snow (or sand). Not a covered item.

Thank you, good point!

Susan

Lynn1130

Looks like most of the threads below are 2018-2017. I am not sure how recent you are looking for but that is pretty recent. I hope you find what you are looking for but this topic, much like tires, oil and the like is in the eye of the beholder. What shows up with these questions is opinions rather than good research and fact. Just me, but I tend to research using unbiased media. We have all had good or bad experiences with various companies so the feedback is generally flawed. And like just about every contract, you do have to read it to determine whether you are going to be covered for certain circumstances.

For a start:

https://rvreviews.net/?msclkid=e2cb535c1d1111d9595b0f13b803a70e

https://www.rvtravel.com/roadside-assistance-programs-which-is-best/

avvidclif

When the owner of Camping World/Good Sam etc injected his politics into his business I quit everything he was associated with. Including gud sam.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Looks like most of the threads below are 2018-2017. I am not sure how recent you are looking for but that is pretty recent. I hope you find what you are looking for but this topic, much like tires, oil and the like is in the eye of the beholder. What shows up with these questions is opinions rather than good research and fact. Just me, but I tend to research using unbiased media. We have all had good or bad experiences with various companies so the feedback is generally flawed. And like just about every contract, you do have to read it to determine whether you are going to be covered for certain circumstances.

For a start:

https://rvreviews.net/?msclkid=e2cb535c1d1111d9595b0f13b803a70e

https://www.rvtravel.com/roadside-assistance-programs-which-is-best/

Both links listed above sell advertising. To say they are unbiased opinions is like saying politics are not influenced by money. The best research is to talk with actual customers of the product you wish to purchase.

Lynn1130

To say they are unbiased opinions is like saying politics are not influenced by money.

I did not say those were unbiased. I gave those as a starting point for research. Use a search engine and spend some time getting facts rather than opinions. If you think you get the best advice from people using the product, then go for it. I think you get very biased information that way, but then I like to do the research.

Customers fall in love with the salesman, the media that was sent, along with a thousand other things unrelated to the product itself. If the person on the phone was wonderful to them, they love the product. If the brochure was well designed, they love the product. If the salesperson gave them $10 back on their fee, they love the product. You seldom get unbiased feedback from people using the product. If they had one bad experience, the product is trash.

CarterKraft

We've had really good experiences with AAA Premier RV considering the situation you find yourself on the side of the road.

- - - Updated - - -

NYSUPstater

I frankly don't care for the owner of CW and subsequently GS either. However, we've had GS since 2005 or so and have have very good luck with them. One thing we like about them is that they do not charge extra for other members of your household (kids who are at home or off to college yet still at home) until age 25 or so. AAA charges extra. Have had GS tow everything we've had except the RV w/o a hiccup and also did a lock-out for the DW. Need to renew ours soon as well.