3850mb

Hi there,

New to the forum. We're looking at purchasing the 3850MB. It's a floor plan that has been discontinued by Heartland. Apparently they felt didn't sell as well as they like in the Big Country and have limited it the Elkridge line. Any thoughts on the 3850MB or purchasing a floor plan that has been discontinued.

sengli

Floor plans come, and go. Really isnt any downside to it. All the components are the same thru out the different lines. We bought a three year old left over, but he fact is we really loved the floor plan that was discontinued.

jbeletti

I agree with sengli, nothing to fear from buying a discontinued floor plan. If it's what you like and it's in the condition you expect - go for it.

In my mind, choosing a floor plan that works for you is critical.

I just went through the same exact thing. One day, I thought I'd be in a new North Trail travel trailer and for various reasons, 2 days later, we ended up selecting a much shorter Sundance. And within the Sundance and North Trail lines, at the length/weight I wanted, only a single floor plan emerged as candidate.

Go for it.

NYSUPstater

Tree,

As we were told when we 1st started looking for our very 1st RV back in '04, get one that that you like best and best fits your needs/requirements/criteria. DON'T get one where it isn't 100% to your liking and where you say "we'll make it work" as you'll never be happy.

That being said, when we went looking for a newer coach 3 years ago or so, I think the DW fell for the bling while I was more interested in how the dang thing was built. 1 thing came front and center while she was in the LR: heated/massaging/electric seats. THEN she walked into the BR and saw the 2nd fireplace. Well there was no changing her mind after that. Yes, I would have like the construction to be a bit more like Creeks in the walls, but overall, she is a heavy coach and seems to be built pretty decently. We are not full timers, so may have gotten a lil ahead of ourselves in terms of this coach, but I will say, kinda glad we did go w/ the BC as it fits the bill very nicely. If you want a laugh out of this, we went from a 35' BH w/ 4 people to a 41' rear LR w/ 2 people! Go figure!!!

Thanks for the reply's. We did it! We pulled the trigger and bought it. Its exciting but a little scary too. I'm sure I'll be using this forum a fair bit for information

CDN

B and B
Congratulations on your new couch. We also purchased a end of model Landmark which meets our needs just fine. Happy Trailering!

Thanks for the reply's. We did it! We pulled the trigger and bought it. Its exciting but a little scary too. I'm sure I'll be using this forum a fair bit for information

Just thought I'd come back with a little bit of a follow up. We've had our BC 3850MB for three months now and we couldn't be happier. The floor plan is exactly what we wanted and has proven to be what works best for us. As far as the build quality we had three minor issues and one slightly more significant one.

1. Some molding in the kitchen came off
  2. The hand held shower split at the back of the handle on day 2 or 3 and water would spew out of it
  3. Inside the shower diverter was cracked and water would leak out the back and drip down inside the wall under the shower enclosure and drip down the the opening in the floor into the under carriage.

These have all been easily repaired by myself.

The more significant issue is with grey water tank #1. When it fills up past the top it leaks out into the undercarriage. I've talked to a RV tech and he said you'd be amazed at how many times he sees this on coach's strait out of the factory. The only way to fix this is to drop the tank and reinstall it.He says it is a real pain in the butt. Thankfully, my RV tech is my SIL's brother and he refuses to charge me for work he does. I haven't had this done yet but will get to it when he has a slower period. As long as the valves are always open and draining it is not an issue. I only discovered it because after traveling for a day I forgot to open the valve and the dear wife started doing laundry and then I had a shower at which time the tank filled up. Backed up slightly into the shower. After getting out of the shower and going outside I saw water draining out from the edges on the outside of the trailer.

Thanks for the help in making the decision. We're really happy full timers and love our BC 3850MB