jbeletti's Sundance 262 RB

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

As you know Jim I have that exact same truck. You will love it. Not sure if you're willing to chip it but it peped mine up even more. It is so fun to drive. The power band is amazing.
Love it !!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

UPGRADE - 50 amp Power Inlet

I'd seen an early version of this product many years ago at the Hershey Show. Then a year or two ago ago, Erika Dorsey introduced the product at one of her West Texas rallies. I now have a personal use for it - so here goes :)

I have on order, the following items from SmartPlug:
  • 50A – Stainless Steel Inlet (BM50S)
  • 50A SuperFlex50 RV Cord - 30’
  • 50A/30A Weathercap
BM50S-50AMP-Inlet-Stainless.jpg R50304-50A-Cord.jpg A1001-30A-50A-Weathercap-1.jpg

I think I'll like this setup better than the traditional twist-lock plug and inlet. I'll share install images on this thread in June.

jbeletti

As you know Jim I have that exact same truck. You will love it. Not sure if you're willing to chip it but it peped mine up even more. It is so fun to drive. The power band is amazing.
Love it !!!!

Yep - knew had this and your experience with it influenced me. See there, you're an influencer :) I don't think I'll chip it but we'll see.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yep - knew had this and your experience with it influenced me. See there, you're an influencer :) I don't think I'll chip it but we'll see.
Make sure you go with the black interior. My black interior on my 2018 Platinum F150 is way more comfortable than my Brunelo interior on my 2017 Platinum F350. Lesson learned. They say it should be the same but it's not.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Love it !!!!

Can I ask which chip you used?

jbeletti

Make sure you go with the black interior. My black interior on my 2018 Platinum F150 is way more comfortable than my Brunelo interior on my 2017 Platinum F350. Lesson learned. They say it should be the same but it's not.

Uh-oh - I ordered Dark Marsala. Do you think this will be different than the Brunelo - maybe more like black in terms of comfort?
Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 1.55.57 PM.jpg

jbeletti

If you didn't get a VIN yet you may still be able to make changes
Roger that. Actually, I've placed the order with the dealer but they have not placed their order with Ford. They plan to do so in the next few weeks. So still time to change but I really don't want black. Maybe the Marsala will be better than the Brunello.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I didn't mean to start a conflict, but it is such a big difference I've actually considered swapping mine out. We spend a lot of time on the road in those seats. They are not bad but just not near as soft and comfortable as the black in the 150. I would have never noticed the difference if I didn't have both trucks.

Last edited:

jbeletti

I didn't mean to start a conflict, but it is such a big difference I've actually considered swapping mine out. We stand a lot of time on the road in those seats. They are not bad but just not near as soft and comfortable as the black in the 150. I would have never noticed the difference if I didn't have both trucks.

It's all good Jerrod - appreciate you mentioning your experience. I called my dealer salesperson and he's never heard of that but will look for a Marsala on his lot and try it out. I too will try to get down to my local dealer to see what they have to try out.

I appreciate hearing everyone's experience with the non-black seating - thanks all.

SNOKING

I'd seen an early version of this product many years ago at the Hershey Show. Then a year or two ago ago, Erika Dorsey introduced the product at one of her West Texas rallies. I now have a personal use for it - so here goes :)

• 50A/30A Weathercap
View attachment 60677 View attachment 60678 View attachment 60679

I think I'll like this setup better than the traditional twist-lock plug and inlet. I'll share install images on this thread in June.

The Smart Plug was introduced to the marine industry quite a few years ago. It is a really good system. With the old Hubble 30 AMP twist locks introduced for hospital use in the 1930's there is not a very good contact to contact connect between the female to male plugs. We had the designer come to our harbor committee(which I was a member of for 11-12 years) and present the product. The issue is that there are so many of the existing connections on each end for shore power cables it is very difficult to make the change over. On our last boat I had a 3 30 amp shore cables, a 25, 35 and 50 foot one. Many boat fires start at the power inlet on the side of the boat. Your plan resolves the issue at one end for the cable. And yes I do not like the 50 amp twist inlet setup on our little guy trailer. If your 50 amp is similar the the 30 amp one I saw back then the plug latches in with two separate systems. Chris

jbeletti

The Smart Plug was introduced to the marine industry quite a few years ago. It is a really good system. With the old Hubble 30 AMP twist locks introduced for hospital use in the 1930's there is not a very good contact to contact connect between the female to male plugs. We had the designer come to our harbor committee(which I was a member of for 11-12 years) and present the product. The issue is that there are so many of the existing connections on each end for shore power cables it is very difficult to make the change over. On our last boat I had a 3 30 amp shore cables, a 25, 35 and 50 foot one. Many boat fires start at the power inlet on the side of the boat. Your plan resolves the issue at one end for the cable. And yes I do not like the 50 amp twist inlet setup on our little guy trailer. If your 50 amp is similar the the 30 amp one I saw back then the plug latches in with two separate systems. Chris

Thanks for the feedback Chris. Not sure if you're coming to the Goshen Rally but SmartPlug will be there. Either way, we're likely to get some special club pricing soon and you may wish to take advantage of it for your Little Guy.

SNOKING

Thanks for the feedback Chris. Not sure if you're coming to the Goshen Rally but SmartPlug will be there. Either way, we're likely to get some special club pricing soon and you may wish to take advantage of it for your Little Guy.

Bit late at this point, I have already invested in 50 amp female(to trailer) to 30 amp male adapter. So the cost would be twice as high to switch now.

Funny thing is the dealer supplied the trailer with a 50 amp cable that had pistol grip female end, which would be great to latch the cable into the inlet. When I got the trailer home I found that the pistol grip/cable ran into the bumper and would not work on the trailer we bought. So I had to run back to the dealer(AKA daughter-in-laws father) and exchange the cable. Oh yeah!! We got the family member pricing on the "little guy", which influenced the brand choice. As we were closing the sale, he said he was surprised that we bought a bit of an up scale trailer compared to a lot of the others that he had on the lot. I said, look at it this way Bob, we are only spending your daughter's inheritance!:D:D:D

mlpeloquin

Uh-oh - I ordered Dark Marsala. Do you think this will be different than the Brunelo - maybe more like black in terms of comfort?
View attachment 60680

Jim, I don't know about the color, but a friend of mine just purchased a 2018 a few months ago. I have previously sat in a 2014 and his. His is very comfortable the former was very hard. When I purchased my GMC, I really wanted the ford, but ford just came out with their new diesel and transmission. The price jumped 12k. When getting the GMC, I asked why I could not find the off white leather. One common response - kids and dogs! So I got the black leather with the seat AC and Heater option. Could not be happier. Thought that black would be too hot in the summer, but the seat AC and the trucks AC makes it a non issue. I hope you have the seat AC/heater option. Really wish my wife's Honda had it. She has light tan leather seats and not great in the heat.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

• 50A/30A Weathercap
View attachment 60677 View attachment 60678 View attachment 60679

Jim, you'll love it! I don't mind connection or disconnecting the 50amp plug-in anymore! No question, one of the simplest and best upgrades you can make to your power connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Jim, you'll love it! I don't mind connection or disconnecting the 50amp plug-in anymore! No question, one of the simplest and best upgrades you can make to your power connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the power reel on our Bighorn 3575el is the best! Much better than playing around with the 50 amp cable to store it and get it out again with the "little guy". I started putting in the back seat(folded flat) of the CC truck while traveling between parks. Chris