jbeletti's Sundance 262 RB

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Actually the power reel on our Bighorn 3575el is the best! Much better than playing around with the 50 amp cable to store it and get it out again with the "little guy". I started putting in the back seat(folded flat) of the CC truck while traveling between parks. Chris

Yes I hear everyone that has a cord reel loves it, but if that's not an option, I highly recommend the SmartPlug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Actually the power reel on our Bighorn 3575el is the best! Much better than playing around with the 50 amp cable to store it and get it out again with the "little guy". I started putting in the back seat(folded flat) of the CC truck while traveling between parks. Chris

I remember the first Landmark I got with the power cord reel. Oh my gosh - what a game changer. Similar to how I felt about LevelUp and Automatic Aiming Satellite Dishes. Oh what fun!

But alas, 7 rigs with power cord reels and I am back to humping the Anaconda of a 50 amp cord and storing it who knows where. But I will figure it out :)

jbeletti

Jim, you'll love it! I don't mind connection or disconnecting the 50amp plug-in anymore! No question, one of the simplest and best upgrades you can make to your power connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Erika. Looking forward to making all aspects of RVing easier.

jbeletti

Jim, I don't know about the color, but a friend of mine just purchased a 2018 a few months ago. I have previously sat in a 2014 and his. His is very comfortable the former was very hard. When I purchased my GMC, I really wanted the ford, but ford just came out with their new diesel and transmission. The price jumped 12k. When getting the GMC, I asked why I could not find the off white leather. One common response - kids and dogs! So I got the black leather with the seat AC and Heater option. Could not be happier. Thought that black would be too hot in the summer, but the seat AC and the trucks AC makes it a non issue. I hope you have the seat AC/heater option. Really wish my wife's Honda had it. She has light tan leather seats and not great in the heat.

Thanks for the feedback Marc. I have a black interior in my F450 and you're right, with the truck AC and cooled seats, it's no issue. That and some pretty deeply tinted windows :)

But, I'd like to introduce some color in the cab since I'm doing an order out.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks for the feedback Marc. I have a black interior in my F450 and you're right, with the truck AC and cooled seats, it's no issue. That and some pretty deeply tinted windows :)

But, I'd like to introduce some color in the cab since I'm doing an order out.
Get some trough pillows. LOL

My last RV only had 2 A/C's so I used the 50 to 30amp adapter and just used the 30amp cord. It was much easier to deal with. I had it 10 years and NEVER used the 50amp cord once.
Is your new RV 50amp or 30amp from the factory ??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Get some trough pillows. LOL

My last RV only had 2 A/C's so I used the 50 to 30amp adapter and just used the 30amp cord. It was much easier to deal with. I had it 10 years and NEVER used the 50amp cord once.
Is your new RV 50amp or 30amp from the factory ??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With our "Little Guy" trailer I carry a 30 amp shore power cable also and as noted have a 50 amp twist lock to 30 amp adapter, and use the 25' 30 amp cable sometimes when it will reach. Also have a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter so I can extend the two together. Where is sits all summer on our spare lot across from our Bighorn, I only have a 30 amp power pole anyway.

So when everything is in the power cable tub, the tub is full with 50, 30 and 15 amp cables and adapters.

Nice thing about 50 amp service even with one AC, DW was able to trip the breaker when on 30 amps on previous 30 amp rigs, not so on 50 amps. Portable heater + hot water heater + hair dryer = tripped 30 amp breaker. Chris

jbeletti

ADDITION - Energy Storage System (ESS)

12-Mar: Updated plans below as some product and design decisions have been made. Changes/updates in red font below.

8-Feb: This is a planned project at this time. No gear has been ordered. Some of the gear will be sponsored.

GOALS
  1. To have the ability to power some AC devices on travel days and an occasional boondocking night
  2. To have the ability to run main coach refrigerator (DC refer) for multiple days in a row w/o shore power
ESS PLAN
  • Install some amount of solar panels on the roof (maybe 300-400 watts - most times, shore power will be recharging the battery bank, so dependence on solar recharging is minimized in my use-case)
  • Install Victron Solar Charge Controller to manage battery charging from panel power
  • Install 4 ea Battle Born 100 amp hour LiFePo4 Lithium batteries with design and space for 2 more
  • Install Victron MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 Inverter/Charger (feeding it with shore power L1 and AC output to AC breaker panel L1 loads - will also move loads between L1 and L2 to achieve desired results and still have decent leg to leg balance for shore power)
  • Install Victron Color Control GX Display
  • Install Victron BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitoring System
Focusing on my goals, I welcome your feedback. Whatever I go with, once it's installed, I will do a follow-up here with pics and a write-up with pics in the Solar sub-forum.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

8-Feb: This is a planned project at this time. No gear has been ordered. Some of the gear will be sponsored.

GOALS
  1. To have the ability to power some AC devices on travel days and an occasional boondocking night
  2. To have the ability to run main coach refrigerator (DC refer) for multiple days in a row w/o shore power
ESS PLAN
  • Install some amount of solar panels on the roof (maybe 300-400 watts - most times, shore power will be recharging the battery bank, so dependence on solar recharging is minimized in my use-case)
  • Install Victron of some other brand of Solar Charge Controller to manage battery charging from panel power
  • Install up to 4 ea Battle Born 100 amp hour LiFePo4 Lithium batteries
  • Install Victron MultiPlus 12/3000/120 Inverter/Charger (feeding it with shore power L1 and AC output to AC breaker panel L1 loads - will also move loads between L1 and L2 to achieve desired results and still have decent leg to leg balance for shore power)
  • Install Victron or some other brand of system monitoring and control - will likely be Victron Color Control GX Display
Focusing on my goals, I welcome your feedback. Whatever I go with, once it's installed, I will do a follow-up here with pics and a write-up with pics in the Solar sub-forum.

This sounds like a pre-pre-rally activity.
I'll hold the camera....and your beer.

Peace
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

This sounds like a pre-pre-rally activity.
I'll hold the camera....and your beer.

Peace
Dave

Dave - "hold my beer!" :)

It might already be installed prior to the pre-pre-rally. Regardless, there will plenty of tearing apart of a new RV during the pre-pre-rally - as usual :)

porthole

Retired
do you know why Rob is no longer at Mor/ryde?

From the response I received it was on mutually agreeable terms and that MOR/ryde was pleased with his tenure there and wish him the best - other then than I know nuthhinnnng.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the first Landmark I got with the power cord reel. Oh my gosh - what a game changer. Similar to how I felt about LevelUp and Automatic Aiming Satellite Dishes. Oh what fun!

But alas, 7 rigs with power cord reels and I am back to humping the Anaconda of a 50 amp cord and storing it who knows where. But I will figure it out :)

If you were closer I'd help you put a reel in .............

Does the TT have 50 or are you planning on converting it?

Like others (Holbert being one to convince me) I used a 30 amp cord probably 90% of the time with the Cyclone until I put the reel in. Then the 30 was only used at home.

porthole

Retired

GOALS
ESS PLAN
  • Install Victron of some other brand of Solar Charge Controller to manage battery charging from panel power
  • Install up to 4 ea Battle Born 100 amp hour LiFePo4 Lithium batteries
  • Install Victron MultiPlus 12/3000/120 Inverter/Charger (feeding it with shore power L1 and AC output to AC breaker panel L1 loads - will also move loads between L1 and L2 to achieve desired results and still have decent leg to leg balance for shore power)
  • Install Victron or some other brand of system monitoring and control - will likely be Victron Color Control GX Display

Matt at Continuous Resources is a nice guy to deal with for many things solar.
BattleBorns are available for the same price from either BattleBorn direct or through Continuous Resources, but CR has a partnership with the guy on facebook Brian Boone and there is a discount code worth $25 per battery.

For everything I bought I sourced through multiple vendors either for cost or availability.

BattleBorn for tech info

Continuous Resources - for panels, BattleBorn batteries, panel fuses and brackets. Because I was the first customer to use order the newest tilt brackets I got them at a substantial discount (9 panels) Plenty of tech help back and forth with products I did not purchase from Matt

AM SOLAR - Rooftop combiner box (way overpriced), 10/2 duplex round cables with UV (pricey but good for the roof and sealing combiner box strain reliefs)

Northern Arizona Wind - nice, smaller breaker box and breakers for the panels

Amazon - best for 4/0 welding cable, 10 gauge MC-4 connectors and a variety of misc items

West Marine - anything else that was a crossover item (and I get vendor pricing)

I get no benefit or gain out of any of the above, just passing on where I had good results.

If you are planning on SOLAR, this may be the last year for the renewable energy credits (at least until the New Green Deal takes effect :eek: )

The 30% tax credit can be significant when you start pricing multiples of things. And it includes everything required to make the project complete. Just the batteries, that gives me almost 6 batteries for the price of 4, something to consider if you don't mind waiting for your return.

LBR

I will second porthole's comment about Matt from Continuous Resources. He is the fellow I made 2 separate purchases from at the Q RV show last week. Besides emailing my receipts to me in minutes, the next day a personalized follow-up "Thank You" from him.... totally unexpected and totally appreciated by me. Great upfront salesmanship and bedside manner with followup...5 stars!

jbeletti

From the response I received it was on mutually agreeable terms and that MOR/ryde was pleased with his tenure there and wish him the best - other then than I know nuthhinnnng.

- - - Updated - - -

If you were closer I'd help you put a reel in .............

Does the TT have 50 or are you planning on converting it?

Like others (Holbert being one to convince me) I used a 30 amp cord probably 90% of the time with the Cyclone until I put the reel in. Then the 30 was only used at home.

Unit was ordered with 2 ACs and 50 amp power service. I actually have the a 50 amp power cord reel that I replaced from the current LM. Unsure I'd trust it but it could be used as a stand-in for a fitment test on the TT when I get it here at the house in late July.

If it can be added, it may just get added. Until that time, I hope to enjoy using the SmartPlug inlet and cordset.

'Lil Guy'

Sundance? Sounds to me like it will be a Landdance when you're done. Better yet, this is going to be such a hybrid that you might just rename it Beletti and sell the rights to Heartland.lol I can't believe that this finished product will draw more attention at rallies than any of the other rigs. I certainly want to see what is left of the original design. This could become my go to site on the forum. I can't believe a Sundance will draw this much attention but you've got me hooked. Have a great day Jim and I'm looking forward to seeing the end results. Later and have a great day.

jbeletti

Sundance? Sounds to me like it will be a Landdance when you're done. Better yet, this is going to be such a hybrid that you might just rename it Beletti and sell the rights to Heartland.lol I can't believe that this finished product will draw more attention at rallies than any of the other rigs. I certainly want to see what is left of the original design. This could become my go to site on the forum. I can't believe a Sundance will draw this much attention but you've got me hooked. Have a great day Jim and I'm looking forward to seeing the end results. Later and have a great day.

You're too funny Frank.

But yeah, I do plan to upgrade and add many things. It's going to be a great little unit for someone when I turn it back in down the road.

Not everything will be added and modded by Goshen but enough stuff to show it off to anyone who has an interest. This fall at home, I'll complete the rest of it. Like I'm ever really done tweaking :)

'Lil Guy'

I'm expecting it to look like a Newmar Essex when you're done.lol Seriously, carry on with your endeavor and I'm looking forward to seeing your mods down the road. Have a great day Jim.

BTW: Are you keeping a running tally of the expense involved with your latest transformation? Just wondering if you could have bought the Essex for the expense of your mods.

jbeletti

TOOL ADDITION

For the past couple of years, I've been carrying a real nice Dewalt pancake style compressor in the bed of the truck, with a vinyl cover over the compressor head. I used the Dewalt to air up the truck and RV tires and run air nailers / staplers for small RV projects.

With the F450 now sold and the F150 with 5.5' bed on order, I will be WAY shorter on storage space. So I've decided to leave the Dewalt at home for home projects and replace it on the road with a Viair 400P-RV Portable Automatic Compressor Kit (p/n 40047).

A big difference for me will be no air tank but from all I've read, this compressor has what it takes to top off the tires and it fits the bill for taking up less space in the truck.

IMG_1400.jpg IMG_1409.jpg IMG_1408.jpg IMG_1413.jpg