jbeletti's Sundance 262 RB

jbeletti

Hey Heartlanders,

This post is a bit premature as I don't have this unit yet, but it's "the plan" and I have a break of time to create this and a few related thread.

The Plan
As many of you know, I've had 8 Landmarks over the last 14 years. Prior to that, we had a travel trailer for a year and loved it. So much so that it became too small and we ordered our first 5th wheel.

Well, if all goes to plan, we will have come full-circle with our RV. The plan is to have a Sundance 262 RB built late this winter and move into it in late May.
Heartland_Sundance_TT_262-RB_DS.jpg Heartland_Sundance_TT_262-RB.jpg

This means our current Landmark Newport is available for retail sale. We have one couple interested in it at this time and if their timing doesn't work out, look for a flyer for this Landmark demo coach to be placed in the For Sale area of the forum soon.

This all said, I remain a Heartlander. So, not going anywhere, just joining the Travel Trailer Tribe while remaining committed to Heartland RVs, the brand and all Heartlanders, regardless of which Heartland brand and model.

As you might expect, I plan to do a lot of modifications, tweaks, add-ons etc. I'll use this forum thread as my mod-thread and will try to keep the index below current so as the thread gets longer, post 1 will be the key to finding out what I've done last or what's coming.

Thank you Heartlanders for all your support these last past 14+ years. Here's to looking forward to a few more, but in a smaller footprint RV :)

.................Jim's Sundance 262 RB Modifications,
......................Add-Ons and Repairs Index

....#..........POST...................MODIFICATION NAME...............LINK

1104Planned: Andersen 'No-Sway' Weight Distribution HitchLink
2NNNPlanned: Multi-stage, externally used, indoor stored, water filtration systemLink
3NNNPlanned: Under-Counter RO system (small) for drinking water faucet on countertopLink
4NNNPlanned: Disc BrakesLink
5NNNPlanned: X-Factor Cross BracingLink
6NNNPlanned: HD Shackles and Wet BoltsLink
7NNNPlanned: SRE-4000 Suspension EqualizerLink
8NNNPlanned: StepAbove Staircase w/ HandleLink
9Planned: Storage Box in-frame below stepsLink
1043Pending Installation: SmartPlug 50 amp power inlet, 50 amp cordset and protective plug storage coverLink
11Planned: Swap out OEM bathroom fan for Fantastic Fan and CoverLink
12Planned: Replace OEM tank roof vent caps with 360 Siphon ventsLink
13Planned: Replace OEM sewer outlet with Wastemaster systemLink
14Planned: Install Wastemaster hose storage containerLink
15Planned: Vinyl graphics (HOC etc.) - Mark ComerLink
1635On Order: Seatcraft Venetian 7000 Leather Theater Seat (power recline, brown leather)Link
1736Pending Installation: Oxygenics Fury Handheld Shower (white)Link
69Planned: Energy Storage System (ESS) - Solar / Inverter / Batteries / Control/MonitoringLink
Planned: CheapHeat electric only - in place of gas furnace (due to space restriction)Link
Pending Installation: Nvidia Shield - in place of Apple Mac Mini and Roku (used to transcode and playback our digital media)Link
101Pending Installation: Furrion 3 camera Vision S system (rear cam and 2 marker light cams + 7" monitor)Link
On Order: Furrion Omni-directional Rooftop Antenna and 4G LTE/WiFi RouterLink
Possible Upgrade - REDARC BCDC1240D - 12V, 40A In-vehicle DC to DC Battery Charger to charge RV from TruckLink
165Refrigerator Door LatchLink

Last edited:

SNOKING

Hey Heartlanders,

This post is a bit premature as I don't have this unit yet, but it's "the plan" and I have a break of time to create this and a few related thread.

The Plan
As many of you know, I've had 8 Landmarks over the last 14 years. Prior to that, we had a travel trailer for a year and loved it. So much so that it became too small and we ordered our first 5th wheel.

Well, if all goes to plan, we will have come full-circle with our RV. The plan is to have a Sundance 262 RB built late this winter and move into it in late May.
View attachment 60617 View attachment 60616

This means our current Landmark Newport is available for retail sale. We have one couple interested in it at this time and if their timing doesn't work out, look for a flyer for this Landmark demo coach to be placed in the For Sale area of the forum soon.

This all said, I remain a Heartlander. So, not going anywhere, just joining the Travel Trailer Tribe while remaining committed to Heartland RVs, the brand and all Heartlanders, regardless of which Heartland brand and model.

As you might expect, I plan to do a lot of modifications, tweaks, add-ons etc. I'll use this forum thread as my mod-thread and will try to keep the index below current so as the thread gets longer, post 1 will be the key to finding out what I've done last or what's coming.

Thank you Heartlanders for all your support these last past 14+ years. Here's to looking forward to a few more, but in a smaller footprint RV :)

When we roofed our BH3575el and left it in our NW RV Park, we purchased a Laredo 225MK TT and my first mod was to remove and sell the Goodride LRD 15" tires and install GY Endurance LRE tires. Then a 50 amp hardwired PI surge protector with remote, moved the observation camera from the BH to the pre-installed mount on the new trailer, selector valve for winterizing with pink stuff, 32" bedroom TV, stick on vinyl back splash in kitchen and bathroom, digital thermostat, dimmers on many of the light circuits and some other small items.

Have fun, it keeps us off the street and out of trouble.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
That's very exciting Jim, can't wait to see you and the new rig in Goshen. Congratulations!

SNOKING

This is the dimmer I have used.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L4KKF2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I remove it from the OEM case and install it with the small controller board tucked away in the wall, ceiling, panel etc and the rotary knob out. It works with the negative lead to the light, so you have to find that wire.

The circuit board needs three wires:

Ground in(this is the ground off a particular lighting circuit)
+12 V in(to power the electronics, I take this for the load side of the light switch, so when the switch is off for that lighting circuit the dimmer is dormant)
Ground out to lighting circuit(this is the lead separated from the ground in above)

You end up with two ways to turn off lights.
1. This OEM switch
2. The dimmer which leaves the electronics of the dimmer "powered up"!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180901_171051.jpg
    MVIMG_20180901_171051.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20180902_111222.jpg
    IMG_20180902_111222.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 101

Oregon_Camper

Have them run wiring for solar. Not that cheap 12 gauge crap...but real, heavy duty wiring, so you can have >600 watts coming off roof.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Interested in #5. I plan on picking up a set of X Factors when we are out in Goshen.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Wow! :eek:

Didn't see that one coming! :D

I was wondering why you were inquiring about a WDH in another thread... :confused:

I've been thinking of selling my Prowler 5'ver and going back to a TT as well. :cool:

Hhhhmmmmm...................... :rolleyes:

jbeletti

Wow! :eek:

Didn't see that one coming! :D

I was wondering why you were inquiring about a WDH in another thread... :confused:

I've been thinking of selling my Prowler 5'ver and going back to a TT as well. :cool:

Hhhhmmmmm...................... :rolleyes:

Gotta keep you guessing Mr. D. Yeah, with so little travel on your end, a small TT may be the right answer. But ya still gotta fit all the cats :) Meow...

jbeletti

Interested in #5. I plan on picking up a set of X Factors when we are out in Goshen.

I've never had them but have read good user reviews on them. IS is way overkill on this light of a trailer but I still want to set it up for maximum performance and minimal to zero breakdown. If all goes to plan, you can see the X-Factor (and other stuff) on it in Goshen :)

jbeletti

This is the dimmer I have used.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L4KKF2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I remove it from the OEM case and install it with the small controller board tucked away in the wall, ceiling, panel etc and the rotary knob out. It works with the negative lead to the light, so you have to find that wire.

The circuit board needs three wires:

Ground in(this is the ground off a particular lighting circuit)
+12 V in(to power the electronics, I take this for the load side of the light switch, so when the switch is off for that lighting circuit the dimmer is dormant)
Ground out to lighting circuit(this is the lead separated from the ground in above)

You end up with two ways to turn off lights.
1. This OEM switch
2. The dimmer which leaves the electronics of the dimmer "powered up"!

I remember seeing your mod on this a while back - thank you for sharing and I like your work!

I have a feeling that at this price-point, in the liv/kit area, the main overhead lighting and maybe more will all be switched from a central control panel by the TV. Not exactly point-of-use located. So I will have my work cut out for me. But when it comes to electrical related RV mods, I will not be deterred :)

SNOKING

Our "little guy" bumper pull came with this suspension. And one can not over truck!! Ha! Ha!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180828_092922.jpg
    MVIMG_20180828_092922.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20180926_184021.jpg
    IMG_20180926_184021.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 94

pegmikef

Pretty energetic modification list. We loved our North Trail 26LRSS and have a lot of nostalgia for it everytime I am trying park this Oshkosh in a site built 30 years ago! The nice thing about the smaller travel trailers is that they can go anyplace the big rigs can go, but can also go to many places the big rigs can't go like a lot of state parks and the older national and COE parks. Don't blame you a bit for downsizing.

jbeletti

Pretty energetic modification list. We loved our North Trail 26LRSS and have a lot of nostalgia for it everytime I am trying park this Oshkosh in a site built 30 years ago! The nice thing about the smaller travel trailers is that they can go anyplace the big rigs can go, but can also go to many places the big rigs can't go like a lot of state parks and the older national and COE parks. Don't blame you a bit for downsizing.

Hi Mike - yeah, the list is long already and I'm just getting started. It should double in length.

I am pretty good at getting a 43' Landmark anywhere I want it, but agree that towing shorter should be easier to get into places with length-limited sites. It won't be as simple as setting up as a 5th wheel is but I'll get used to it. Thanks for the kind words. Hope you and Peg are well. Following you on Facebook. She keeps you busy. But I know you love it!