Basement Heat Vent

Redrider007

I'm assuming there wasn't meant to be duct work going to this vent but just residual heat flowing through it? I pulled the wall off and there is no duct work in sight!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you mean a vent like in the photo, that's not a heat register, just a passive air vent for circulation. It was originally mounted to the fabric covered basement wall until I made removeable access panels in them. I've since replaced the wood latches with barrel latches.

Attachments

• Walls Installed.JPG
    Walls Installed.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 71

sengli

On the last three coaches from heartland that I have owned, there really was no actual vent plate. You will find a loose hose about 2.5" in diameter... coming off of the heater, in the basement(behind the walls) that just exits into the area behind the wall.

jnutt

On the last three coaches from heartland that I have owned, there really was no actual vent plate. You will find a loose hose about 2.5" in diameter... coming off of the heater, in the basement(behind the walls) that just exits into the area behind the wall.

i did some homework researching the furnace in our bighorn and found it should have six four inch ducts coming out of it and after removing the walls and looking it over I found only five coming out. I added a sixth duct chased it down into the belly by the tanks.
I pinched the end of the duct and sliced the duct in a few spots to allow the warm air out. As for the 2.5 inch duct, I used a battery vent (louvered) put it into the basement wall to allow heat into the storage compartment.

Jim