Picking up our "new to us" 2014 Torque 290 this weekend

NP_Chief

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and (soon to be) new to Heartland ownership. I came across this forum while doing my due diligence research on the Torque 290 and was impressed. We will be traveling from South Georgia to Mobile, Alabama this weekend to trade our 1994 Cobra Monterey Class A (aka Big Bertha to the kiddos) in on a 2014 Torque 290. Our tow vehicle will be a 2005 Ford Excursion V10. According to the manual, the truck should tow the rig (loaded) and haul passengers with some left. Does anybody else tow with a Ford V10? If so, how's it do? I've already had folks tell me "it'll pass everything on the road except the gas station," and I'm used to that. Big Bertha has a 454 Chevy gas motor and I hope to get a couple miles to the gallon better with the new set-up.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello NP_Chief and welcome to this great forum. Lots of helpful people here.
Congrats on your new Torque.
Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. It's free! Follow the link in my signature to the sign up page, it only takes a few minutes to complete.
Georgia has some great chapter rallies. There will be the North American Heartland Rally coming in June.

Peace
Dave

NP_Chief

Thanks for the welcome cookie. I have joined the owner's club (Member # 5972). Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend the national rally this year. We are hoping that the stars align so we can make GA Chapter Rally.

Oregon_Camper

You should plan to do a complete your own Pre-Delivery Inspection. You can use the link below to download mine, or you can search the internet for another one.

This document will take you about 4 hours to complete (don't rush it) and will ensure you understand all the operations of the RV as well as having you inspect the RV. This will help you find all sorts of "gotcha" stuff that might not pop up until later down the road (ie...when your 100's of miles from an RV shop). No matter what the dealer says, their PDI will never cover everything.

Complete this PDI and get dealer to fix all issue before paying for trailer...that way the dealer is very motivated to finish.

https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/pre-delivery-inspection/

NP_Chief

I actually discovered your PDI form earlier, Oregon_Camper. I have it saved and plan on using it. Thanks for sharing it with everyone. We have arranged with the dealership to stay in the Torque Friday night in their lot so, I should have plenty of time to complete it.

NP_Chief

We got it! The PDI revealed a couple issues that were promptly fixed by the dealer. Thanks for the responses and I look forward to meeting some of you on the road.