Asking for your prayers.

jimtoo

Thanks to all for the prayers and thoughts.

Not something I was wanting to do, but I will fight the battle and WIN.

Jim M

KyleC

Kick butt! I have three in my family that have beat it! One way or the other God will be by your side!

Kyle

jimtoo

Just a quick update. Had 9 radiation treatments, all good, just makes me feel really tired, not the sleepy tired, just like I ran marathon tired. On second chemo treatment as I type this, has not make me sick or anything yet... well just the nurse sticking me 5 times trying to find vein on first treatment and just once today.
My bad cough is almost gone thanks to chemo and little pearl pills Dr. gave me a script for.

The treatments are are going good and the people here are supper nice. The chemo treatment room is arranged nice, 22 treatment chairs, each with a guest chair, wifi and a TV in most places that can be seen. They have 8 RN's checking on everyone all the time.

Now if everything works I will very happy.
Thanks to everyone for positive thoughts and prayers.
Jim M

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Jim, We'll keep up on the prayers, and you keep on being upbeat, cheery and positive.

Chippendale

Jim, don't know where I have been, I just saw this. Please know you and Bette are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

God Bless You
George

danemayer

Hi to all,

I just want to let everyone know what is happening in my life and ask for your prayers.

I have had a bad cough for 2 or 3 months. Been to Dr’s and have been treated for everything and nothing has stopped the cough. After chest x-rays and CT scan they found a mass in the right lower lung. After more CT’s and 2 biopsy’s and PET scan they have found that it is a cancer mass and it is probably causing the cough. It has been diagnosed as stage 3 and where it is they will not operate at this time. I am to undergo a brain MRI to make sure it has not spread to the brain yet. This next week I will be scheduled for 6 weeks of 5 treatments each week of aggressive radiation treatments and also 1 day a week of chemo therapy and for how long on the chemo I don’t know yet.

I have beat cancer twice before in the colon, 20 years ago. So with your thoughts and prayers I will beat it again.

Jim M

I spoke with Jim McGee a few minutes ago. He's completed the 6 weeks of radiation and chemotherapy treatment, but is back in the hospital with pneumonia (hoping to be released in a day or two). The cancer treatment really knocked him down and he's still got a slow recovery in front of him, but he expects to be back on his feet.

In the middle of all this, his computers had problems too. But hopefully we'll be hearing from him before too long.

Please continue to lift Jim and Bette and the rest of his family up in prayer.

jimtoo

To all my Heartland family and friends I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for all the prayers, thoughts and offers during my downtime fighting lung cancer and then pneumonia.

It has been one of the worst battles I have ever been up against. It has been both physical and mental to me. Since it started in March, 2019, I have lost over 50 lbs and am very weak, but hopefully it will be coming back as I am just now starting to eat a little something other than just water and the Ensure Plus drink. My throat was burned internally during the process of radiation on the lung and it is taking a very long time for it to heal. I have had to use a numbing liquid to numb the throat somewhat before anything, including water, was taken in.

But with everyone’s prayers and thoughts it will continue to work, not only for me, but for everyone.
Thanks,
jimtoo
Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear that prayers have been working.
Good bless you Jim.

Peace
Dave

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Jim, you and Bette continue to be on our prayer chain. Keep on fighting. If it were me I'd be trying to gobble down the ice cream to put the weight back on.
Blessings to you both