Toilet Bubbling....

hut

We have been full-timing (stationary) since August. I have been keeping the black tank closed and then emptying once a week.

There hasn't been an issue with dumping until the last couple times - when I pull the valve, nothing flows from the black or #2 gray tank. So, I use an adapter to shoot water up into the tank from the outlet and things dislodge and begin to flow.

But now when we flush the toilet, the water bubbles up before the waste goes down. This is something new.... It's like the tank is pressuring up.

Is my vent stopped up? That's the only thing I can think of? And, if so, how can I unstop it?

Help!

DH

CDN

B and B
Sounds like there maybe a dreaded poo mountain. Have you used the black tank flusher? Located in the docking bay. One thing I do is raise the door side on the jacks to allow more drop on tank side. This evacuates the tanks better. Does you toilet pipe go straight to the tank?

danemayer

You may have a slow leak at the black tank valve. This will allow the water to leak out, leaving a mound of solids behind. One way a leak can develop is to close the black tank valve with paper or waste in the path of the valve blade. The waste material gets jammed in the blade track preventing a complete closure.

If you add a twist-on gate valve with clear tube to the sewer outlet, close the black tank valve and the twist-on gate valve. After a short while, any leakage will be obvious in the clear tube.

hut

Sounds like there maybe a dreaded poo mountain. Have you used the black tank flusher? Located in the docking bay. One thing I do is raise the door side on the jacks to allow more drop on tank side. This evacuates the tanks better. Does you toilet pipe go straight to the tank?
It appears that it is clogged between the toilet and the tank. No, the tank is offset from the toilet.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It appears that it is clogged between the toilet and the tank. No, the tank is offset from the toilet.

It is possible that the roof vent pipe is either blocked or has become loose and dropped into the tank. If you can access the top of the tank in the basement by removing the back basement walls, you might be ale to determine if it's become loose. The other alternative is to get up on the roof, remove the vent cap, and check the pipe up there. Grasp it and see if it moves up/down. You could also run some water down it from up there to maybe clear any blockage. Have the tank drain open if you do this.

The bubbling (aka. burping) when you flush is what normally occurs when the tank is full to the point that the vent cannot easily vent air as material is introduced to the tank. So it gurgles, bubbles and burps, sometimes a bit violently and your shoes get wet because the air needs to come out that opening you just made by flushing.

hut

I think it's a little of all of what has been mentioned here.

It appears the valve is leaking a bit. I attached a clear connection to the outlet with the valve both valves closed and I'm getting a backup of brown water.

I just poured some clean out chemical in it. I'll see if that dislodges anything.

I'm thinking it might be time to just hook up and pull out through the country for a bit with some liquid on top.... :eek:

Will report later.

Thanks for all the input!

DH

Chrisandsama

You may have a slow leak at the black tank valve. This will allow the water to leak out, leaving a mound of solids behind. One way a leak can develop is to close the black tank valve with paper or waste in the path of the valve blade. The waste material gets jammed in the blade track preventing a complete closure.

If you add a twist-on gate valve with clear tube to the sewer outlet, close the black tank valve and the twist-on gate valve. After a short while, any leakage will be obvious in the clear tube.

I will be adding the twist on gate valve as my black tank leaks slightly over long periods.

RoadJunkie

It may be time to call a black tank proctologist. Seriously. This is a service that will back flush your tanks.

SNOKING

Here I am!!!

Here is the routine I have developed over many snowbird winters.

1. Get a clear sight adapter and put it between the trailer and the sewer hose.
2. I leave the black tank closed for a week at a time. Grey tanks open.
3. I form a pee trap in the sewer hose with a couple boards, one 2x and a 4x4.
4. To dump and flush, I remove the pee trap boards.
5. Close the grey water tanks.
6. Open the black water tank and turn on the hose to the built in flush system.
7. Watch the sight tube until I am down to just hose water coming out.
8. Go inside and do two full bowl super flushes. "Bomb the Pile!" Note: Full bowl means filling the bowl to the bottom of the upper rim.
9. Go back outside and view discharge.
10. Close the black water tank and run the flush water in for four(4) minutes. Do not let anyone distract you at this point.
11. Open and drain and repeat 10 again.
12. Flush a bit and verify that you have nice clear water coming out of the tank. If not go back to step 8 and start again.
13. When you have nice clear discharge, put the pee trap boards back the sewer line and fill the pee trap.
14. Close the black water tank and add about a minute worth of water to the tank with the flush hose.
15. Secure the flush hose. I have a little inline valve adapter at the side of the trailer and the other end gets turned off.
16. Open the grey water tanks and go add your chemical to the tank.

I have had the burping a couple of times, however the super flushes seem to have fixed that issue.

Having piles in not good!!

Chris

hut

Here I am!!!

Here is the routine I have developed over many snowbird winters.

1. Get a clear sight adapter and put it between the trailer and the sewer hose.
2. I leave the black tank closed for a week at a time. Grey tanks open.
3. I form a pee trap in the sewer hose with a couple boards, one 2x and a 4x4.
4. To dump and flush, I remove the pee trap boards.
5. Close the grey water tanks.
6. Open the black water tank and turn on the hose to the built in flush system.
7. Watch the sight tube until I am down to just hose water coming out.
8. Go inside and do two full bowl super flushes. "Bomb the Pile!" Note: Full bowl means filling the bowl to the bottom of the upper rim.
9. Go back outside and view discharge.
10. Close the black water tank and run the flush water in for four(4) minutes. Do not let anyone distract you at this point.
11. Open and drain and repeat 10 again.
12. Flush a bit and verify that you have nice clear water coming out of the tank. If not go back to step 8 and start again.
13. When you have nice clear discharge, put the pee trap boards back the sewer line and fill the pee trap.
14. Close the black water tank and add about a minute worth of water to the tank with the flush hose.
15. Secure the flush hose. I have a little inline valve adapter at the side of the trailer and the other end gets turned off.
16. Open the grey water tanks and go add your chemical to the tank.

I have had the burping a couple of times, however the super flushes seem to have fixed that issue.

Having piles in not good!!

Chris

Good advice.