Mounting a television in my RW426's garage

txtinman

I'm going to mount a television in the garage of my RW426. Heartland installed an electrical outlet and coax connectors, but no mounting location is marked. I think I can locate the studs in the wall which backs up to the loft wall. I'm wondering what type of fasteners are used in the metal studs? (I think they are metal). If someone else has done this I would like to know what you used. Type, diameter, and length.

Thanks

david-steph2018

We don't have this issue in our 427, but once I found the studs I would consider using a piece of plywood to mount the tv on instead of mounting the tv bracket to the studs.
To make it look finished I would have the DW use some kind of fabric and wrap the mounting board before the bracket is attached.

txtinman

It looks like finding the studs might not be as easy as I first thought. The wall in the garage is not attached to the studs as near as I can tell. The wall is bowed out in that area and I can push it in to the studs. Not sure why they would install studs but not attach the wall.:confused: I was going to use a stud finder, but I'm not sure how that's going to work. Gotta get me a stud finder and try it.