Broke shower door

Linebaugh

One glass panel of my tri fold shower door has broken. Should I try to find a panel or put a new door? I have a 2016 3610RE.

jimtoo

Hi Linebaugh,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. Hopefully someone will be able to give you some info soon about the door.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

wdk450

Linebaugh:
First of all you will need to know the OEM manufacturer and model of your shower glass enclosure. If there isn't a tag on the enclosure somewhere that you can see, you need to call Heartland Service with your VIN in hand for them to look at your build sheet, and get you this information. Heartland Service might make some sort of repair suggestion, but I would research the internet and call the enclosure manufacturer for guidance. Who knows, they might give you the part for free. If the door is screwed to the enclosure frame, it would seem to be made to be serviceable. If it is riveted to the frame, you have some decisions to make. You might even call a local independent RV repairer for advice on the matter.

Good luck!!!

On edit: You might also contact a local glass repair shop, to get their advice on the job, and maybe a bid.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Even if it is riveted, rivets can be drilled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
That happened to us last year and Heartland only sells the entire assembly. We did not try to contact a local glass company.

brianrobb

You can only get the entire assembly, for some reason the manufacturer doesn't sell the single panes. I also tried a local glass company and for frosted safety glass, the price was about $750. I had Heartland send me the entire unit, and had to "hang" the three panes on the top aluminum piece (it comes off the top) and then re-hang it. Not terribly difficult, but make sure you latch the doors before making a 900 mile trek across the Rockies. If you don't, you'll be sweeping up tiny bits of glass for weeks.

Piperflyer

You can only get the entire assembly, for some reason the manufacturer doesn't sell the single panes. I also tried a local glass company and for frosted safety glass, the price was about $750. I had Heartland send me the entire unit, and had to "hang" the three panes on the top aluminum piece (it comes off the top) and then re-hang it. Not terribly difficult, but make sure you latch the doors before making a 900 mile trek across the Rockies. If you don't, you'll be sweeping up tiny bits of glass for weeks.

Note: once I latch the door, I run a rubber band around the latch to the door, so it keeps the latch secure. I had the latch come off the door once while traveling. Luckily the door did not shatter.