Looking for - Picturesque rv park in Arizona, Colorado or Tennesse

As the title says I'm looking for a few rv parks in those areas that offer some nice views. I'm trying to decide which direction I want to go. I have about 9 days to do it. I'm in Katy, TX just west of Houston and I don't mind doing 800-1000 miles in one day if it's gonna make me get to a nice place fast.

In combination to a nice view I'm also looking for a nice place to ride my motorcycle. Want to go late spring or early fall.

Any input is helpful.

danemayer

Travel in Colorado can be problematic in the spring. It's not unusual to have snow in mid and late May. I'm guessing you'd want to ride the bike through mountain areas where the road conditions might be difficult. But mid to late September is pretty temperate and visually spectacular. The Aspen trees put on quite a show in many areas. Tiger Run Resort in Breckenridge has great views and is a good base.

aspens3.jpgView attachment 60741

Attachments

• Landmark2.jpg
    Landmark2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Thanks for the reply. Breckenridge has been on my list. A few years ago we towed our old toy hauler to Manitou Springs and did a bunch of riding around there. We went in June and couldn't have asked for better weather. Was even able to make it up Pikes Peak.

That does look like some nice scenery.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
In TN, it’s hard to beat Anchor Down RV Park bear Dandridge (and Pigeon Forge).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

In Tenn. like was discussed Anchor Down is really nice, but also nice is River Plantation in Seiverville which is just north of Pigeon Forge.

But if you bring your bike you need to make sure you ride the Dragons Tail. Actually it is called Tail of the Dragon. But we have always called it Dragons Tail. It has 318 curves in 11 miles,
DO NOT HAVE A WEAK STOMACH on this ride

https://tailofthedragon.com/

MTPockets

We travelled nationwide for nearly five years and always preferred State Parks or National Parks for the best scenery and environment. Hookups were mostly just water & electric, but for short stays we could use the dump station upon our exit. For us, that worked very well.

Donhutch1800

As the title says I'm looking for a few rv parks in those areas that offer some nice views. I'm trying to decide which direction I want to go. I have about 9 days to do it. I'm in Katy, TX just west of Houston and I don't mind doing 800-1000 miles in one day if it's gonna make me get to a nice place fast.

In combination to a nice view I'm also looking for a nice place to ride my motorcycle. Want to go late spring or early fall.

Any input is helpful.
We have been to all three states.If your looking to ride your motorcycle I would go to Colorado.Have rode there a few times all over the state and its hard to beat.Ride the million dollar highway out of Durango.Its bad ***.

Ducky

if your don't mind the desert southwest, recommend Kartchner Caverns State Park located 9 miles south of Benson AZ off I-10. Ride the motorcycle over to Tombstone AZ and Bisbee AZ or a short drive up to Tucson to visit the Aircraft Graveyard at D-M AFB. Most all sites are W/E only with a dump station. While you are there, might as well take the tour of the caverns. check out at www.azstateparks.com

IMG_3819.JPGIMG_3829.JPGIMG_3818.JPGIMG_3822.JPG

Lynn1130

Kartchner is nice but I would not say that it has a "view" other than the Whetstone mountains. Saying that as I have stayed there in the past and just returned from taking guests to Kartchner this week. Kartchner does not have sewer hookups.

I would look at some of the RV review sites as some of them will have photos and feedback. Sedona is nice. Page is nice and like Sedona has some fabulous views. Sites in southern Utah will be great. Flagstaff has some nice sites. There are some nice and scenic sites along the Colorado River.

Last edited: