2019 - Goshen Rally - South Central Region Meet-N-Greet

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
All South Central Region Members are encouraged to join us. Details below.

Who: Any member of the South Central Region
What: South Central Region BBQ Potluck
When: Wednesday, June 12th starting at 3:30 PM (eat around 4:00 pm)
Where: Elkhart County Exchange Pavilion on Locust Street

Side dishes:

Nancy Anderson-smoked baked beans
Gus Funderburg-corn casserole
JoAnn Thompson-corn spoon bread & corn and bean salad
Kathy Adams-dessert

Last edited:

jbeletti

We are making plans for good old Texas barbecue but plans are still being made.

Please stay tuned!

Oh boy! Wonder if Nancy A, Mike F, Jason M and others are having a hand in this? :) You know, I actually make the rounds as taste tester :)

Joe G

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Jay,
Sounds like that might be the time to come by and Hi to you and Stella.:)

jayc

The plan is to have some smoked pork butts for pulled pork and a couple of briskets for barbecue. Jason Moses is planning to do the 'c-uing and we are asking others to bring side dishes and desserts.

Plans are still in the works, and Jason has been real busy with his new job and two daughters graduating from colleges in two different towns and states, but this will be the basic plan.

Those of you from other states may have to use the word y'all in a sentence. For extra points, All Y'all...

mthompson

The plan is to have some smoked pork butts for pulled pork and a couple of briskets for barbecue. Jason Moses is planning to do the 'c-uing and we are asking others to bring side dishes and desserts.

Plans are still in the works, and Jason has been real busy with his new job and two daughters graduating from colleges in two different towns and states, but this will be the basic plan.

Those of you from other states may have to use the word y'all in a sentence. For extra points, All Y'all...

Jay, JoAnn and I will be there, she said she'll bring her famous "Corn spoon bread" and a corn and bean salad. Let us know how else we can help., Mark

jbeletti

Jay, JoAnn and I will be there, she said she'll bring her famous "Corn spoon bread" and a corn and bean salad. Let us know how else we can help., Mark

I don't know what Corn Spoon Bread is but I want some :) I'll plan to stop by to "check this event out" :)

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
I'll bring some smoked baked beans.

If you need anything, let me know.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Will be there, Jay! Not sure yet what we will bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You know we’ll be there. Probably bringing a corn casserole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

I spoke to Jason Moses, our North Texas Chapter Leader and Head Cook for the barbecue dinner we're having. He has bought most of the meat (2 briskets and 2 pork shoulders), so we should have plenty of meat for our Meet and Greet. My mouth is starting to water!

I will add the dishes that are being brought to post #1. Come on folks, for some delicious "cue".

mthompson

All South Central Region Members are encouraged to join us. Details below.

Who: Any member of the South Central Region
What: South Central Region BBQ Potluck
When: Wednesday, June 12th starting at 3:30 PM (eat around 4:00 pm)
Where: Elkhart County Exchange Pavilion on Locust Street

Side dishes:

Nancy Anderson-smoked baked beans
Gus Funderburg-corn casserole

jayc, you forgot to add JoAnn's "famous Corn spoon bread" and a corn and bean salad to the list.