What are the differences?

Fox

I'm fairly new to Heartland but as I see more and more of them I'm not noticing any significant differences (excluding floor plans) between the Big County, Bighorn and even the Landmarks.

Is there a (hidden to my untrained eyes) quality difference - or just a price difference between them? I guess I'm asking what specifically are the differences that justify the price differences?

I did notice the internal cabinetry on my Bighorn is better than my prior Jayco; and (right or wrong) I noticed things on the DRV that improved on the Heartland (but too rich for me).

EDIT: Some important differences I have noted, the Landmark generally had stronger axles and 3 AC units, but maybe those were just local examples.

Patiently waiting for warmer weather (to me that means nights consistently exceed 60*).

Last edited:

Gaffer

As you go up from Big Country to Bighorn or up from Bighorn to Landmark you will find that more of the options are standard. Also some standard equipment on the upper lines are not available on the lessor ones. Get and compare build sheets,

RoadJunkie

Don't pay for what you can't see or justify. If you don't recognize significant differences between Big Country and Big Horn or Landmark, then buy the Big Country. But..look carefully. Landmark, for example has a 2 year warranty, but is much heavier. Check the options list, sometimes you can add features you like on the upper models without the cost of items you don't necessary want/need. Heavy, 8K, axles sound like a good idea, but on the lighter coaches the ride may be harsher. In any case, please consider disc brakes. You won't be sorry.

danemayer

I believe there are a set of features unique to Landmark 365 that are not available on BH or BC.
Precision Control Systems energy management.
3 A/C Units standard (need the energy management system for this)
Combo transfer switch and Surge Guard plus.
Flat roof.
Reflective roof.
I think the frame is different - heavier.
Motorized bed lift.
Independent slide switches

Then there are things standard on LM that might be options on others.
Dual Pane Windows standard
Full body paint standard
MorRyde Pin Box
Generator Prep
MCD Roller Shades
2nd Awning
8K axles
17.5" wheels with LR H tires

I think there are also some unique furniture items on LM 365.

There's probably more.

Fox

Y'all pointed out some things that I did know (and a few other unknowns), I just forgot to add them in my comments.

In my case I would have preferred the heavier Landmark tires, axles - and disc brakes but couldn't see my way to the overall price difference when shopping for a new 5vr (over and above a new TV).

What ultimately swung my decision was the front living room, rear elevated bedroom and tons of extra storage cabinets underneath. Floorplan over reason.
I am leaning towards changing out the brakes.

One more question - are the 3 Landmark AC units quieter than my 2 Bighorn units. I don't remember it as being any different but I would lean that way if so.

Kathi-27

with 3 a/c you can turn the a/c off in the room your in and run the other 2 which would make it quitter in the room your in

pegmikef

with 3 a/c you can turn the a/c off in the room your in and run the other 2 which would make it quitter in the room your in

and in ours the bedroom A/C is also a heat pump which makes it nice when showering on chilly mornings.

Fox

and in ours the bedroom A/C is also a heat pump which makes it nice when showering on chilly mornings.

That'd not be a problem for us ... if/ when its chilly we stay home (or rough it at the Comfort Inn).

NYSUPstater

FWIW, IMO, consider looking at the Big Country, Big Horn and Landmark this way:

The Big Country is like a Chevy.
The Big Horn is like a Buick.
The Landmark is like a Cadillac

When we were looking for a new coach, we knew we wanted a rear living room. Also knew which brands to stay away from. Went to the Hershey show and had our minds set on Cedar Creek as that's what we had at the time. Really didn't like what we saw with them while there (changes made since we bought ours several years before). DW had this thing then for 1/2 baths. Creek had one there which was made for a very small person (IMO). Walking around we figured, what the heck, let's look at the Bog Horns. They had a 1/2 bath which was very good size. Defiantly more "bling" than the Creek. Left the show w/o a true decision. Next month while at last camping trip, it was raining, so went to local RV dealer to browse around. They were having some kind of fall open house, so no salesperson to watch over you (works for me!!!). Went into several and when we went into the BC 3560 SS, DW said "This is it". Don't know if it was the "Bling, Wow" factor or what, but she liked the theatre seats w/ heat/massage, whole set up from door back. THEN she went upstairs to the bedroom and saw the fireplace in there. Here I was looking at the quality/construction of things and all I hear is "This Is It". For us anyhow, it does have everything we want. Ended up having to upgrade tv year later---much to my dismay. Yes, I do have a prob with access to bathroom w/ hallway slide in, but not a really big deal to walk into truck stops to theirs. Now looking at the LM w/ BR fireplace, we didn't like it at all and think the BC was much nicer looking. In the end, like it's been said, the upper lines have things the lower lines may not and or incl things from the lower lines. Kinda like trim levels on trucks. Never thought we'd have a RV that spec'd out close to $100K msrp, but like the layout. Hard to say what things will be like on it in 8 years or so when I retire, but cross that bridge then.

CDN

B and B
It is amazing how needs change as we grow older. We purchased a new Landmark Louisville, Version 2 with couch and table and no dinette. We spend all time eating outdoors so the dinning table was not an issue, we still have the table in the back at the couch. We were able to move up to a better mechanically built trailer with 8000 lb axles, 17.5 inch wheels and large brakes. We get 3 AC's, residential fridge, power management system, multiplex lighting, Yeti and dual pane and slide toppers (huge for us). We have close to 4000 lbs of cargo capacity (stated two different ways), lots of room for long trips, tools, campfire, stove bbq, smoker etc.

We just downsized from 39 ft 10 inches with our Bighorn 3575 Elite to 37 ft 10 inches with the Landmark.

We did due diligence and looked at Cedar Creek and Cardinal , no comparison. Redwood more money but no comparison to the Landmark feature set. I buy off the lot and want to see the trailer first, limited stock up here in Canada of High End Fifth Wheels.

'Lil Guy'

FWIW: I ordered my small BH 3270RS with the 8K axels which come with the larger brakes. Cheap upgrade when ordering and will barely show up in price.