Heartland Warranty Timeline

i4110peter

Haven't posted for a while because I have been waiting for the warranty work to be completed on my 2018 BH 3160. We just got it back and all issues were addressed. We had purchased this in Sept 2018 and took it to the authorized dealer in our area on Oct 17th 2018. We just got it back yesterday. Yes, I know, we had to deal with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Still, just short of 4 months to facilitate repairs? Most of the time was waiting for Heartland approval and parts delivery. We needed a refrigerator door replace. The first one came in damaged so another was ordered. It had to come from GERMAY? At least that is what the service adviser told us. There were a total of 11 work order items to be address on this "new" unit. Most of the items were not noticeable upon preliminary inspection. Word of warning, be patient if you need any warranty work done. We are looking forward to finally being able to enjoy our new BH 3160.

danemayer

Hi Peter,

Your story of slow service is not uncommon. And in fact it's a major concern across the RV industry at the moment with some RVDA and RVIA initiatives to try and improve turnaround on repairs.

Many times when people are told by their dealers that Heartland approvals are what's slowing things down, a call to Heartland reveals that the dealer just took their time submitting the claims and didn't want to fess up to causing the delay. Sometimes parts that have to be sourced can take weeks, and if a part has to be ordered from Germany twice, that's going to take some time.

Many of us use independent servicers or mobile servicers who only do service - no sales. They depend on their reputation and often provide better service. With advance approval from Heartland you can do the same.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I would really question if your dealership was being honest with you. If you call Heartland Customer Service when its at the dealership and verify what they have authorized and what parts have been shipped, you would be able to confirm if your dealership is being honest with you. Also, most dealerships are in the business to sell RV's not service them. Do yourself a favor and look for a mobile repair or straight up repair facility to have your warranty work done at. Heartland will allow you to take it anywhere, as long as the repair facility calls them and gets prior approval before making any repairs.

Rod

i4110peter

I would really question if your dealership was being honest with you. If you call Heartland Customer Service when its at the dealership and verify what they have authorized and what parts have been shipped, you would be able to confirm if your dealership is being honest with you. Also, most dealerships are in the business to sell RV's not service them. Do yourself a favor and look for a mobile repair or straight up repair facility to have your warranty work done at. Heartland will allow you to take it anywhere, as long as the repair facility calls them and gets prior approval before making any repairs.

Rod
Thank you for that info.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Peter,

Your story of slow service is not uncommon. And in fact it's a major concern across the RV industry at the moment with some RVDA and RVIA initiatives to try and improve turnaround on repairs.

Many times when people are told by their dealers that Heartland approvals are what's slowing things down, a call to Heartland reveals that the dealer just took their time submitting the claims and didn't want to fess up to causing the delay. Sometimes parts that have to be sourced can take weeks, and if a part has to be ordered from Germany twice, that's going to take some time.

Many of us use independent servicers or mobile servicers who only do service - no sales. They depend on their reputation and often provide better service. With advance approval from Heartland you can do the same.

Thank you for the info. I do have a great service guy who worked on my 2002 Montana.

Boy, did I learn something reading this post. We bought a new Bighorn 3160 at the end of the year, and I just picked it up today after having warranty work done. My list was a short 12 items long that I personally could have done in the better part of a day. They had it 4 weeks, and I had to call them every week to poke them in the rear. They would blame it on Heartland, and Heartland would blame it on them. I'm sure the dealer was more of the problem. A guy I run around with repairs these things for a living, and is very good at it. Now that I know Heartland will authorize someone else to work on it, the dealer is going to be history.

Chrisandsama

Boy, did I learn something reading this post. We bought a new Bighorn 3160 at the end of the year, and I just picked it up today after having warranty work done. My list was a short 12 items long that I personally could have done in the better part of a day. They had it 4 weeks, and I had to call them every week to poke them in the rear. They would blame it on Heartland, and Heartland would blame it on them. I'm sure the dealer was more of the problem. A guy I run around with repairs these things for a living, and is very good at it. Now that I know Heartland will authorize someone else to work on it, the dealer is going to be history.

I agree, I had a couple small issues and after reading on the forum that heartland did this I got In contact with them, got the parts and did the work myself.

i4110peter

I would like to stay in touch with any 2018/2019 BH3160 owners to trade ideas and issues with. I have already updated my battery box situation and have plans for more updates. Thanks to all.New Battery Box.jpg

vpnman

I just sent you a PM, then found this thread :)

Similar issues as everyone has reported...I completely blame my local dealer/repair facility. I had originally intended to make it to Goshen rally this year for their warranty work they do on-site, but with the work schedule it would be almost impossible to do (solo traveler, still working FT).

My last issue I ended up calling Heartland directly on, they currently shipped parts today and I should have in hand within a few days and I'll make the repair myself. I'm still fighting a few ghosts but hope have ironed out soon. My rig is 2018 BH 3160 EL that I purchased from dealer in Ohio and had delivered.

Scott