Fold down rack on rear bumper..

amadru

Hello all. This is my first post. I searched and could not find my question answered. My wife and I just purchased a 2019 31BHDD and will be taking delivery in 2 weeks. It does not come with the rear fold down rack and tire holder that is included on some. Does anyone know where I can purchase this rack myself or something equivalent to it?

NP_Chief

I have a Torque and my spare is mounted under the rig similar to some vehicle mounts. I too agree with RoadJunkie, several options out there that a quick Google search will pop up.

amadru

I've done many Google searches but I don't want to mount anything to the bumper as I don't trust it's strength. The factory Heartland rack actually mounts to the frame and I like how it folds up when not in use.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

amadru

I was hoping to find a place to buy the factory fold down rack. I have searched google a bunch but I don't want something that mounts to the bumper as I don't trust it to hold any weight. I'm referring to the one in the attached picture.
local__1020_2018_31BHDD_IMG_8860_15133771228011.JPG

danemayer

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Maybe the parts dep't can sell you one.

Fox

On my prior Jayco I had my welder fabricate the necessary (frame mounted) support and install a 2" hitch, then I added a folding hitch cargo tray. Doing this required I relocate my bumper mounted spare tire (to a cargo bay). I soon found out there were times when it would drag; over time it also developed ugly rust spots.

I won't be repeating this experiment.

Attachments

• 20180714_122750.jpg
    20180714_122750.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 28