TorkLift install

orion7144

Did anyone use the spacer kit for their install. On mine there is a gap on each side but I was able to still tighten it down. Not sure if it is worth adding the spacers.

danemayer

The box on our rig was 1/2" too narrow for the standard steps, so we went with the narrower step and added the spacer kit.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Made mine own spacers for each side by gluing a few flat washers together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Get the spacer kit! You won't regret it. It has self adhesive strips to hold the spacer blocks in place for easy install. They are predrilled with the holes you will need. Makes it super easy.

Rod

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the smaller width with three spacers on each side. We've had the steps for three years now and no issues at all. Still love these steps!!!!

369d963442b3c6db9dc02c5b953fcce5.jpg

orion7144

When I started this thread I already had my steps installed for a couple months. The reason I asked about the spacers is that when I tightened my bolts down it brought in the frame from the rv up against the steps (basically compressed them together). They do work but they are a little tough going in and out. I just saw the spacers while surfing that day and thought I would ask. I will either make my own ( I have some 2" wide bar stock laying around) or just bite the bullet and buy them. At the last rally we were at the steps we saw were not hard to get in and out.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If the problem is opening and closing don’t be afraid to hit all the pivot points with some lube. I’ve used silicone spray with success. The aluminum will oxidize if exposed to the environment and begin to bind
Additionally experiment with the tightness of a few pivot points BUT don’t loosen too much or the steps won’t stay closed together when stowing them away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I love these steps. I have the 5 step model I won at a HL rally. When I ordered mine, they had me measure my opening which I got wrong. It was about a 1/4 tight to the opening. I didn't want the narrower steps so I spread the sides a bit with a big pipe wrench and the bolts pulled everything back so it looks like an exact fit. You do want enough tightness in the steps to hold closed. I adjusted my screws a tad and then shot silicon spray lube at all joints. When I release to deploy steps, I just pull the bottom step to extend fully doing the same thing in reverse to stow. No more diving board effect on the steps. I now have the aluminum port a deck stairs in storage along with the other million items I've accumulated since I started this expensive hobby.lol

Joe G

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I love these steps. I have the 5 step model I won at a HL rally. When I ordered mine, they had me measure my opening which I got wrong. It was about a 1/4 tight to the opening. I didn't want the narrower steps so I spread the sides a bit with a big pipe wrench and the bolts pulled everything back so it looks like an exact fit. You do want enough tightness in the steps to hold closed. I adjusted my screws a tad and then shot silicon spray lube at all joints. When I release to deploy steps, I just pull the bottom step to extend fully doing the same thing in reverse to stow. No more diving board effect on the steps. I now have the aluminum port a deck stairs in storage along with the other million items I've accumulated since I started this expensive hobby.lol

Same with me except I pressed mine into place with a hydraulic jack.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
This is all great information. I am considering these steps also.
Thanks,

mlpeloquin

This is all great information. I am considering these steps also.
Thanks,

The steps are great. I made spacers from aluminum bar stock from the hardware store. I used a step drill to make the bolt holes. My wife still had a hard time seeing the steps in the dark. The glow strips were fine for me, but for her I added solar puck lights.

We have the same year & model Big Country as y’all and are researching replacement steps. What width did you install? And would the wider width not fit in the step box area?

We have the smaller width with three spacers on each side. We've had the steps for three years now and no issues at all. Still love these steps!!!!

369d963442b3c6db9dc02c5b953fcce5.jpg