Torque TQ 327 - Shower leaks to pass thru storage....odd

So this past weekend was our first shake down trip. It was on purpose to find any kinks or issues including logistics on transporting my motorcycle & a small trailer that attaches to my bike. We found a couple of things that need straightening out but the biggest issue manifested when my wife was cleaning the rig before we packed up and left. We always and I mean always wash and clean the rig before it goes back in storage. So while my wife was cleaning the shower tub at the same time while I was outside I noticed just under the tub and inside the pass thru storage water dripping from the tub area. It was literally right behind the pass thru storage door frame and I could see the water dripping clearly. We were there 3 nights with each of us showering each day but it didn't appear to have any water dripping during normal showers. I'm guessing the pressure of the water wasn't pushing thru because nothing even seemed wet considering three days of showers. However when she was washing the tub that morning and using the spray handle that seemed to have made it leak past. Anyone have any ideas? I'm taking it next weekend to the dealer for warranty work next Saturday.

sengli

I know on latest new rig, everyone of the P traps were not even hand tight. So every sink, and especially the shower/tub drain leaked.

I know on latest new rig, everyone of the P traps were not even hand tight. So every sink, and especially the shower/tub drain leaked.

Yeah. I had that happen on my old unit but that was more over time from the road vibrations loosening them up. This here appears to be the shower wall and tub letting water pass thru and dripping below rather quickly. I don't think it's puddling up under the tub but rather just blowing past the seal and then immediately dripping to the pass thru storage.

papa_will

So this past weekend was our first shake down trip. It was on purpose to find any kinks or issues including logistics on transporting my motorcycle & a small trailer that attaches to my bike. We found a couple of things that need straightening out but the biggest issue manifested when my wife was cleaning the rig before we packed up and left. We always and I mean always wash and clean the rig before it goes back in storage. So while my wife was cleaning the shower tub at the same time while I was outside I noticed just under the tub and inside the pass thru storage water dripping from the tub area. It was literally right behind the pass thru storage door frame and I could see the water dripping clearly. We were there 3 nights with each of us showering each day but it didn't appear to have any water dripping during normal showers. I'm guessing the pressure of the water wasn't pushing thru because nothing even seemed wet considering three days of showers. However when she was washing the tub that morning and using the spray handle that seemed to have made it leak past. Anyone have any ideas? I'm taking it next weekend to the dealer for warranty work next Saturday.

I recently had the same problem. After the work to fix the leak, it leaked yet again. After the second tripo the dealer technition told me that the tub did not have any support underneath, that is why is felt soft and almost bouncy when walking in there,so he set some styrofoam under the drain to reinforce the tub floor. So far so good.
Be sure that there is adequate support under the tub

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I recently had the same problem. After the work to fix the leak, it leaked yet again. After the second trip the dealer technician told me that the tub did not have any support underneath, that is why is felt soft and almost bouncy when walking in there,so he set some styrofoam under the drain to reinforce the tub floor. So far so good.
Be sure that there is adequate support under the tub

That foam won't last very long...

I had the same issue with my previous Heartland Trail Runner TT and I cut a couple of 2x4 pieces to fit on both sides of the shower drain and no more squishy!