Added pipe type handrails going to bedroom/bathroom

Dmetcalf

I wanted to add a handrail for aesthetics and for added stability as well. I have always liked the rustic look when people use piping for handles, etc.. So we decided to take that idea and see if we could make it work for this purpose. I (luckily) found two wall studs exactly where I needed then to get a solid anchor points. We painted it flat black and mounted it. We love the look and it has a great purpose as well..!! Thought I would share a pic or two.

CA416805-2E11-4F38-ABA9-C4E8319F4CD7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nscaler2

I wanted to add a handrail for aesthetics and for added stability as well. I have always liked the rustic look when people use piping for handles, etc.. So we decided to take that idea and see if we could make it work for this purpose. I (luckily) found two wall studs exactly where I needed then to get a solid anchor points. We painted it flat black and mounted it. We love the look and it has a great purpose as well..!! Thought I would share a pic or two.

View attachment 60868
Neat. I Like it. What did you use to find the studs. I know there are all kinds of stud finders out there, but my experience with them has been spotty at best. TIA for any help.

Dmetcalf

Neat. I Like it. What did you use to find the studs. I know there are all kinds of stud finders out there, but my experience with them has been spotty at best. TIA for any help.

Yeah I used a stud finder then when I “think” I was close to where a potential stud was I used a thin straight pin to push into the wall to see if it stopped after penetrating the thickness of the wall board. Like I indicated earlier I got lucky. I was able to get two self tapers into the stud then I used 3/16 x 1 in. Pop rivets in the other mounting holes. Those rivets do a decent job too ..!!