Landmark Louisville Modifications

CDN

B and B
Battery Install complete. Norco Boxes for 6 volt batteries $16 CDN from Amazon. Two Trojan 105 batteries inside, electrolyte topped up, flow through vent holes in the bottom. ABS vent system on top.

3b1629d42855f70efb5ca45968f8ff52.jpg

Solar pumping out the juice today.

0e616abc7b2d07c6da2b289ece75afca.jpg

0e1cbd515f691af18a327f1463585501.jpg

This so far has provided the Invertor with error free operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
You can never have enough protection. I had purchased my Progressive Dynamics EMS for the Bighorn and removed prior to trade in. Installed on shore power input. We spend time in parks where there is overhead feed lines and many storms. Cost was 2 hours of time.
49d320970a7ab8e072fb8d3307f26f9f.jpg

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I have joined the RV Snap pad club. At the Ontario Rally in Essex there were draws for Door Prizes and I won a 4 pack. Thank You to the Rally Organizers Mike and Donna and Origen RV Accessories for the donation to the prize table. I bought two more on Amazon and we are good to camp!

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I have tapped into the light beside, nipped a small v in the light case to run the wire out. The repeater works great here. Much better than suggested front closet location, I tried that in the previous Bighorn. It just stays on all of the time.

Someday I am going to run a auto shutoff for this and the Camera that only works when hitched up.

Side Note-I also replaced the incandescent with a LED light. I have no Incandescent bulbs left except the shower bulb itself, need to order one for this.

Brian

CDN

B and B
I built a in drawer knife block. Anything commercially available was not the correct size. I was able to get rid of two knife block with this setup. 8 extra steak knifes hidden just needed when we have a big crew.
f97d359121fbb7bd92c327b729372f6f.jpg
745578082eb18f4940eda422f6038027.jpg

CDN

B and B
Not a mod so much as Waxing started. Did front cap and cleaned all bugs off. The top has a lot of overspray or just poor paint. Waxed it anyways. Decals take a beating with ice and snow, need to go south maybe

4ef194ae20e1c46c4776bfb7740b0eff.jpg

Waxing is complete.

Several evenings of hazy weather was perfect to complete the task, a rain out last night just as I was finishing the curb side. 3 bottles of wax, many towels and elbow grease.

IMG_5533.JPG58441029523__5EDD7D34-362B-45D7-89F2-EF2B383AD583.JPG

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications Slide in Slide Floor

I took the floor issue to my dealer with the main slide floor deterioration. The black covering has crumbled and plywood underneath as well.They have submitted a warranty request and this is set for fall repair date in October.

IMG_5539.JPG

We have 4 weeks of camping booked prior to fall service date. I went to Metal Supermarket and purchased some 18 gauge stainless steel. Cleaned up the sheared edges and drilled holes on the drill press.

This is what I have now. A liberal amount of sealant was placed over the two end where the rollers have worn a groove in the underlayment.This should work until the floor is replaced.

IMG_5543.JPGIMG_5544.JPGIMG_5545.JPG

HOOKERUP

Good luck on warranty.My 2017 oshkosh had same problem. Under bed, the wood was rippled and had mold.Was told water damage (ya think) because of my failure to have re-caulked. I'm glad I don't have to caulk my house every year.

CDN

B and B
My trailer is 4 months in service. Might be a 2018 but was on dealer lot for 18 months. The dealer said he will do the floor. I have a really good dealer and being an optimist they will follow through like every other request I have made. This our second heartland from him and 4th trailer overall.

We know this plastic paper coated floor is a joke in the first place. The white plastic seems tougher and I have asked for this style.

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications August Update

Been doing some mods that may be actual repairs in some cases.

Top of stairs did not feel right, the plywood had separated from the tread. Screwed back in and replaced the threshold trim. Much better now

As reported I found the Shower being drained into the black tank. The gauge always seemed to fill fast, while boon docking for a week i had a surprises in the shower flushing the toilet. Re plumbed in the bush and all better now and we have some black tank capacity now. The second week of boon docking was no problem. We put 90 gallons between 3 tanks with no problems. If you have a Louisville check your shower drain.

IMG_5682.JPG

Today i tackled the broken shelf above the Living Room TV, just fell apart, glue and screws to the rescue

I also fixed the blind tracks on two windows. they where binding and air nailer in one hit nothing and left swiss cheese. I refastened all trim with screws and the Blinds now work great. Could have gotten the dealer to do it but we still have many dates of camping.

View attachment 62665

I also checked the other step treads and tightened and few screws on another.

Inverter replacement has been working flawlessly, I am prepared to mod if needed, right now going with stock

New Water Pump was installed and this does not run all of the time loosing prime like the old one.

I have some KIB issues, dealer has ordered a new switch assembly for the Bathroom. There appears to be a issue with the driver for shower light. It doesn't come on unless you turn off the ceiling first, then it comes on. The LED is flashing on the Shower Light switch then after turning the ceiling on/off it stops and stays light

I have to say my dealer Morry's Trailer sales has been very responsive and quick to get me parts to look after things including dropping in when heading out for a trip. We are 2 hours away so this is big benefit.

-30-

carl.swoyer

Mounting on the roof will ensure they won’t walk away.

Just read a blog post about a couple whose portable panels got stolen from next to their RV while they were gone for the day.

I always lock my 220 watt portable solar panel with kryptonite cable and two heavy duty locks. My panel is 12.5 years old and still looks brand new. One of these days I will set up my solar tracking system.
03c75a20fc3b77ba948783ee356ff500.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Good luck on warranty.My 2017 oshkosh had same problem. Under bed, the wood was rippled and had mold.Was told water damage (ya think) because of my failure to have re-caulked. I'm glad I don't have to caulk my house every year.
HOOKERUP,
On a side note I think the difference between the house and the RV is, one is subject to being bounced around the country. Potholes and twisting and flexing OH MY. LOL .
But that being said I agree with your assessment especially when you spend your money on something that is supposed to be .... A flagship. Top of the line.
The best of luck keeping up with the periodic maintenance. It's a full time job.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Chrisandsama

Basement modification is well underway. I added 1 swept elbow to the drain for the washer. This opened up a large area for storage of my BBQ. I will build up the floor above the pipe and be able to store the BBQ within easy reach. I still need to tighten up the elbow on the sink drain moving to closer to the ceiling and add about 4 ft to the black tank flush, taut add some pex to extend. I need to remount the AC and Basement light switch.
View attachment 61059View attachment 61060

I have a lot of space available now. Not that I am adding weight just able to store spare parts, tools and extra chairs. I will precept the plywood walls with any table saw and take them over to our storage lot to trim and fit. I have enough wall carpet to cover the new walls. As far as the cables I am going to get some large 2 inch loom to encase all wiring and neaten up the ceiling. These wires where just running everywhere with enough slack to rework and create space.

I wish it would warm up a bit. Been 28 to 32 that last few nights.

View attachment 61061

Is this the washing machine drain that you rerouted? Any adverse effects from running it this way? Mine is ran the same way yours was.

CDN

B and B
Hello

We do not have a washer but I do not see a reason why it would not work at all. The same amount of 90 degrees just in different spots. The shower tie in is a swept tee and works great.

Brian

Chrisandsama

Hello

We do not have a washer but I do not see a reason why it would not work at all. The same amount of 90 degrees just in different spots. The shower tie in is a swept tee and works great.

Brian

That gained you a lot of space, I will be running mine this way!

CDN

B and B
Fall 2019 things

I have done some small things

Fridge

I cut the lower fridge panel and made the Ice Maker valve removable for Winterization, no antifreeze required. Also did winterize the ice maker line with air only, no after taste of antifreeze.

Mouse Free Fall not so much a Mod but a addition

I can nit speak highly enough about this Canadian Product. Ordered a kit for $199.00. Comes with a sprayer and two jugs of juice. Benefit is where it was sprayed much like rust proofing no rust on frame or fasteners along the side.

https://mouse-free.com/collections/all

Dealers across US and Canada as well. I am not compensated for this product and purchased my own.

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications Srping 2020 Mods Lippert Levlling

Late Season start with COVID lockdowns We made the first weekend out in mid june after 32 cancelled dates

Fascia

Had a second piece fall off in transit on our June 19th trip, I put screws inside the opening on all Fascia located in Living room. 4 screws per to stop them from falling off.

Outside TV

I have a wireless HDMI system i used for the Outside TV. It worked but always needed to be reset. Drilled a couple of holes and ran a HDMI cable to the outside TV with remote Infrared receiver. Worked flawlessly and no longer had to reset the system inside to aim the dish.

Living Room Lights

The counter top edge lights, back splash and high in cabinet light where tied into the Edge Light relay along with the work light above the island. Moved them to the Fascia light and all operate now on this circuit.

Leveling Control Relocate or Wireless

Ran into a issue with need to manually level first trip out. The Lippert panel is inside and the stair on the Louisville are always close to the wheel well cutout and rub. Have to block the stairs up so I can go inside to run manual level. Still thinking of moving the panel to the lower bay. The wireless integration seems sketchy as to what components are needed and what will work. Benn with the call lippert from Heartland and then call Heartland from Lippert phone calls. If anyone has a list of parts that they have used to make this work I would appreciate it. Ours is a 2018 Model purchased new in 2019.

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications Fresh Tank Overflow

Added a more professional tank overflow valve system. I had a couple wood plugs on clear hoses prior.

Door side, left closed during operation.

831EB94B-3982-4977-AEC8-03F3421AA97A.jpg

This is operational side, close to filling point so easy to see that bright red handle

8C55EDA4-3D15-4F83-AA72-CF526001F614.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

While working on my Valve project I noted many spots of corplast was coming loose. Added 20 self drill screws and fender washers to bring the Corplast back up.

The wiring for the electric brakes had a rub point on the leaf springs . Need to get some small loom to protect this. They certainly rely on low current with only what appears to be 16 gauge supply wiring.

-

Last edited by a moderator: