Ranch Hitch 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Adapter

Hi y’all, I am hoping to get some first hand info on this type of adapter, Ranch hitch builds these as do others. I am hoping someone out there has some knowledge of this type hook up because I want to change up from the current setup. I currently have the Pullrite Superglide Hitch (great Hitch by the way, absolutely love it), which weighs a quarter ton! I never remove it from my bed, rendering my bed useless for anything bigger than a case of beer...lol. And we pull a 10,000 5’er with a 2015 F250 Lariat FX4 crew cab Power Stroke diesel SRW. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Hi y’all, I am hoping to get some first hand info on this type of adapter, Ranch hitch builds these as do others. I am hoping someone out there has some knowledge of this type hook up because I want to change up from the current setup. I currently have the Pullrite Superglide Hitch (great Hitch by the way, absolutely love it), which weighs a quarter ton! I never remove it from my bed, rendering my bed useless for anything bigger than a case of beer...lol. And we pull a 10,000 5’er with a 2015 F250 Lariat FX4 crew cab Power Stroke diesel SRW. Thanks in advance!

Some trailer manufacturers with not warranty a frame issue with a gooseneck adapter. Check with Heartland. Chris

Dumboldles

Check out B/W turnover ball goose neck hitch along with a Andersen hitch. It’s fantastic!

Do the research.

Dumboldles

I’m looking at those as well right now, but the gooseneck adapter caught my eye and thought I’d pose the question. But yes, the Anderson Ultimate looks like an awesome setup, just more pricey than the adapter.

avvidclif

Apply the physics of what an 18" lever is trying to do to the hitch on the RV in a panic stop situation. It's not pretty. Any RV I see with a gooseneck adapter is automatically disqualified from my shopping.

As for Heartland, they use Lippert frame and use of a gooseneck adapter voids any warranty unless you use their "goosebox" which is a different animal from the adapter. I recently acquired a dually with a gooseneck ball and bought an Andersen Ultimate for it. I couldn't believe the difference from the Curt I had been using. Zilch, zero, nada clunking or noise. Weighs 40 lbs. And Heartland owners get 20% off. No brainer for me.

Right on, makes sense. Im already about 99% sure that I will go with the Anderson Ultimate, I just wanted to see other folks thoughts on the adapter first. Where did you get that 20% discount? I pull a Heartland as well.

chiefneon

Howdy!

I recently purchased a new TV and decided not to go back to using a 5er hitch this time. I changed out the pin box on my Cyclone 4000 for a 20,000lb Reece Goose Box. Only one short pull so far with the new setup but I like the way it pulls and rides with the pin box having shocks and air bag. No problems hooking up with the in bed camera. Definitely a game changer and worth the money to not having to deal with the 5er hitch.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon